FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[06-13-14][4.4.3][ROM] PA4.4 RC1 [Unofficial]

752 posts
Thanks Meter: 458
 
By nuuits, Senior Member on 8th June 2014, 10:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th June 2014, 07:09 AM |#11  
nuuits's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston TX
Thanks Meter: 458
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatjoejr2001

You're the man estabien... Downloading now and can't wait to check it out. Will let it settle in real nice with Agni kernel

Edit: Okay so I downloaded the ROM three times and they all reached the correct size, yet it always fails flashing in latest TWRP. Damn....

Tap, tap says the wicked Note +₩● 👹

Accidentally thanked you, but
What error (status 7, etc)?

Have you tried downloading it again in case you have a bad zip?

I am sorry you are experiencing problems.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
 
9th June 2014, 08:28 AM |#12  
Unknownkj's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 120
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatjoejr2001

You're the man estabien... Downloading now and can't wait to check it out. Will let it settle in real nice with Agni kernel

Edit: Okay so I downloaded the ROM three times and they all reached the correct size, yet it always fails flashing in latest TWRP. Damn....

Tap, tap says the wicked Note +₩● 👹

Seems like you are not using the right version of twrp. Use version 2.6.3.1 and see how it goes.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Unknownkj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Unknownkj Ad-Free
9th June 2014, 01:04 PM |#13  
nuuits's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston TX
Thanks Meter: 458
 
More
Ok guys, I am repo syncing now, and if the build that's outputted today has hover I'll update the OP with a new dl link... deal?

No hover, but I have integrated the sensor files in this build so yay?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nuuits For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nuuits Ad-Free
9th June 2014, 04:27 PM |#14  
sabrdawg's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Buffalo
Thanks Meter: 213
 
More
Nice job, estabien! This is pretty sophisticated for a beta! I like the theme options
9th June 2014, 04:31 PM |#15  
fatjoejr2001's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 155
 
More
Everything is working now and it is super fast and smooth...If I am being honest TW 4.4.2 is simply not this smooth or as good on battery life and for some S Pen features it is just not worth riding with over something like this. Awesome job estabien :thumbup:

P.S. my problem was that I had the latest TWRP from another device, but all is good now.

Tap, tap says the wicked Note +₩● 👹
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1402327912190.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	2789291  
9th June 2014, 04:50 PM |#16  
nuuits's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston TX
Thanks Meter: 458
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrdawg

Nice job, estabien! This is pretty sophisticated for a beta! I like the theme options

Thanks!!
I just built it though, all the real work (coding, etc.) was done by PA's awesome devs (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatjoejr2001

Everything is working now and it is super fast and smooth...If I am being honest TW 4.4.2 is simply not this smooth or as good on battery life and for some S Pen features it is just not worth riding with over something like this. Awesome job estabien :thumbup:

P.S. my problem was that I had the latest TWRP from another device, but all is good now.

Tap, tap says the wicked Note +₩● 👹

Awesome!! I am so glad you guys are loving this rom, I feel hesitant to do this, but I am thinking I should remove the "testing" tag in the title. it's pretty stable over here as well as for others.

Now, I have a question: Should I upload builds (without terribly awesome new things, just sync'd with the repo) daily and just link the OP to my AOSPA AFH folder? I do test these builds to make sure they boot, etc..

Or should I upload major builds (ones with brand new features, such as Hover) only?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nuuits For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nuuits Ad-Free
9th June 2014, 05:19 PM |#17  
Senyaka's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,364
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by estabien

Thanks!!
I just built it though, all the real work (coding, etc.) was done by PA's awesome devs (:



Awesome!! I am so glad you guys are loving this rom, I feel hesitant to do this, but I am thinking I should remove the "testing" tag in the title. it's pretty stable over here as well as for others.

Now, I have a question: Should I upload builds (without terribly awesome new things, just sync'd with the repo) daily and just link the OP to my AOSPA AFH folder? I do test these builds to make sure they boot, etc..

Or should I upload major builds (ones with brand new features, such as Hover) only?

Do whatever is easiest for you. We are just happy that roms are being made and maintained. So thank you! Do what suits you bro.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Senyaka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Senyaka Ad-Free
9th June 2014, 05:39 PM |#18  
Unknownkj's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 120
 
More
Been pretty stable so far. Battery life is great too. Haven't been testing the camera yet. Hope to see hover soon.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Unknownkj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Unknownkj Ad-Free
9th June 2014, 05:40 PM |#19  
nuuits's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston TX
Thanks Meter: 458
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senyaka

Do whatever is easiest for you. We are just happy that roms are being made and maintained. So thank you! Do what suits you bro.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You bring up a good point, haha.
I think I will do the latter, so builds won't be daily (exactly) but every time I get a fix (such as today's sensor fix) or new feature (i.e. hover), i will upload the build.

I will edit the OP to show the folder containing my uploads, it should be easy enough to figure out the latest build!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nuuits For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nuuits Ad-Free
9th June 2014, 05:42 PM |#20  
nuuits's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston TX
Thanks Meter: 458
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownkj

Been pretty stable so far. Battery life is great too. Haven't been testing the camera yet. Hope to see hover soon.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Awesome to hear!
I have tested the camera, snapping photos works and from a quick test, video recording and viewing works too.

EDIT: darn it, sorry about the double post, i thought the two would merge.
9th June 2014, 05:54 PM |#21  
fatjoejr2001's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 155
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by estabien

You bring up a good point, haha.
I think I will do the latter, so builds won't be daily (exactly) but every time I get a fix (such as today's sensor fix) or new feature (i.e. hover), i will upload the build.

I will edit the OP to show the folder containing my uploads, it should be easy enough to figure out the latest build!

Really looking forward to your next update because this opening statement you made with the beta was mighty powerful...Hopefully you'll find ways to make it your own because I'm sure you have ideas that just might "wow" us just like this ROM has thus far :beer:

Tap, tap says the wicked Note +₩● 👹
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatjoejr2001 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fatjoejr2001 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes