Elegance u8 watch

683 posts
Thanks Meter: 103

By JarlSX, Senior Member on 22nd February 2014, 05:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th June 2014, 10:39 AM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
To be honest when I put the watch after using it during the day it still was showing 70% battery remaining but after I left it with BT off over the night
I pick it up in the morning and battery was flat.

Sent from my hamster cage using old carrot.
6th June 2014, 05:56 PM |#82  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Do any of You guys heard about some problems with that watch during charging process? After unboxing, battery on my watch was almost dead, so i started to charge it, and after about 30 minutes it started showing just plain white image on its lcd. Do You thinks its possible to get it working again?
7th June 2014, 04:08 AM |#83  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
It Works
So I just got mine in today. I had to use a file manager to find the apk after it downloaded. For some reason it did not simply install the apk.

After getting everything going and ignoring certain notifications, I ran a few tests.
Everything sounds great and is working fine. The build quality is rather surprisingly nice. (nice for $60)

I find it annoying that I have to press my BT button after I answer a call, but that isn't so bad.
I can control my music, but I have to plug in my headset after activating it on my watch to avoid the music coming from the handset.
It has its quirks, but overall it is worth the 60 for a new toy to play with for a while until I decide to shell out a couple hunnid for a high end product.
I didn't expect much of the display, and I think it works well enough.
Another bad thing is that I have sometimes lost connection. This was at first, and seems to be staying connected for the last hour.
It looks decent on the wrist. The wristband isn't so bad. I may just get a different cheap leather or metal one to replace it.
7th June 2014, 10:44 AM |#84  
Flag belfast
Thanks Meter: 128

More
This is my battery after 3 days off charge and no bluetooth used...I do like the watch but the display outside is a killer cant see in sunlight...just aswell I live in uk (always dull weather😆)and I managed to find the photos I captured using the watch they just weirdly showed up so its deffo not instantly stored on my gallery😱

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1402130683847.jpg
Views:	1356
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	2785195  
9th June 2014, 02:02 PM |#85  
OP Senior Member
Flag Eindhoven

More
elegance just sent me a new firmware, haven't tried it myself

sadly no new btnotifier app

check page 2 for instructions and flash tool

don't expect any support from me, i just supply the file

edit: the 2nd file i assume is english/chinese only language

edit 2: they also sent me a message through aliexpress

"PLS note if you upgraded then you can not change it back. PLS consider it before upgrade"

and

"The upgrade will have more better UI and the function of backlight adjust as well as more languages for choice."
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JarlSX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JarlSX Ad-Free
9th June 2014, 02:12 PM |#86  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Thank you for sharing this.

Sent from my hamster cage using old carrot.
9th June 2014, 04:23 PM |#87  
Flag belfast
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Cant install drivers on windows 8 any solutions guys😣 desperate to flash this new firmware.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
9th June 2014, 05:24 PM |#88  
OP Senior Member
Flag Eindhoven

More
don't expect too much from this update

menu icons are now in color, no new clock faces

but bluetooth audio is still a problem, defaults to the watch always, that's not gonna work for me

besides, decent notification support is much more important to me and as the bt notifier app hasn't been updated...
11th June 2014, 03:41 PM |#89  

More
M28_khr_cn1_v015
Hi,

Does anybody have firmware which version is "M28_KHR_CN1_V015", If YES, could you please share it to us. This is better than the others, because it has got Answer, Reject button and keyboard.
11th June 2014, 07:29 PM |#90  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soruyok

Hi,

Does anybody have firmware which version is "M28_KHR_CN1_V015", If YES, could you please share it to us. This is better than the others, because it has got Answer, Reject button and keyboard.

Hi at all.

At my uwatch, the touchscreen works anormal from One Day to the other. I can't use it anymore. The back Button opens speaker loudness. And to aim the menu Button is nearly impossible.

Resetting the watch and Firmware upgrade had no effect.

Can anyone help me?
12th June 2014, 05:31 AM |#91  

More
U8 smartwatch firmware update
HI,

May I know if you did the wishlist below? can you help me develop for mine.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conect11

Noticed that too on mine.

EDIT:

Perusing the thread again I see that alexcc59 provided some valuable files, and of course Ninjaco provided a link to what appears to be the actual manufacturer: chrsz.com

On their site I found a download called "source." Inside that, several files that when viewed with Notepad++ appear to be what we're looking for. Going to see if I can make edits to the firmware through those. My personal list of things I'd like to work on. (these all might be pipe dreams)

* Disable watch face timeout. Go with low power always on watch face
* Disable music playing through watch speaker while retaining ability to control music on the phone
* Change kilometers to miles on pedometer for US users
* Add Dictionary.com functionality
* Add ability to send sms messages through either voice, or a carousel letter / number / symbol system similar to the main menu of the Kindle Fire series
* Add rudimentary Wolfram Alpha app. I love the thought of asking my watch "what are all the planes I can see in the sky right now?"
* Add either gesture (probably not) or quadrant touch control to the main watch screen. Think like a "quick app start" So upper left corner might be phone, upper right might be camera, lower left music, lower right pedometer, for example.
* Some type of Bluetooth "walkie talkie" functionality. I go on a lot of bicycle rides, and always thought it would be cool to have a BT walkie talkie for anyone else I might be on a ride with.

Again, some, a lot, or all of these might be wishful thinking.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)