[Q] have all z2's got the touch screen wake issue or just done

Search This thread

james_lpool

Apr 25, 2012
Liverpool
Can anyone tell me is it currently all z2 tablets that have the issue or are some fine, if it is a fw issue then shouldn't all if them have the problem? I'm just in the middle if sending mine back for a replacement so just wondered.

Thanks

James

Last edited:

degraaff

Jan 21, 2012
What do you mean by touchscreen wake issue? Double tap to wake not always working ? I know I sometimes needed to tap mine 3 or 4 times before it woke, in stead of two times. But I disabled the features since it seemed to be the main cause for my issue with occasional ignored touches. I haven't really noticed any ignored touches since I disabled it.

james_lpool

Apr 25, 2012
Liverpool
well if mine goes to display goes to sleep and i then either tap or press the power button to wake the tablet the screen sometimes either completely freezes and i have to really tap hard to the tap to be recognised, the screen also stutters about.

degraaff

Jan 21, 2012
When was the last time you fully shut down and rebooted the tablet?
Is the severity of the problem different when double tap to wake is off compared to when it's on?
Does changing stamina mode options make a difference? Such as with the limited performance option on compared to off?
You have the latest (.402) firmware, right?

james_lpool

Apr 25, 2012
Liverpool
Yeh i am on .402, stamina mode is off, same thing seems to happen regardless if i double tap or press the pwr buttom, when it happens i then have to press the pwr buttom again to turn the screen off, i then press again to wake, and when i wake the 2nd time its back being nice and smooth again.

I'm basically having the same issues listed in the below topic which ive also replied in:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2771676

degraaff

Jan 21, 2012
Yeh i am on .402, stamina mode is off, same thing seems to happen regardless if i double tap or press the pwr buttom, when it happens i then have to press the pwr buttom again to turn the screen off, i then press again to wake, and when i wake the 2nd time its back being nice and smooth again.

I'm basically having the same issues listed in the below topic which ive also replied in:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2771676

But have you tried disabling the double tap wake feature completely (in display settings) ?
And have you tried really powering off the device -not just turning the screen off, but holding the power button and choosing power off- leave it off for a minute and then power it on again ?

james_lpool

Apr 25, 2012
Liverpool
yes to bothm the double tap feature was off to start with when i was getting the issues, i turned it only only because i found it useful. i diont find the issues any different with it on or off.

also yes i do restart the tablet regularly, its not a constant issue it only seems to be if i allow the screen to time out.

anyway a new tablet has arrived today, i wont get to use it until later on though.hopefully it will be better.