Originally Posted by babygau
1. It doesn't double up your data, Private Mode only encrypt your data which you want to keep your data safe, so it's just right where your data is supposed to be
2. Unless you disable your private mode before re-flash rom, you will lose access to your encrypted data. what's the point of privacy when you just simply reflash to get yours back, so anyone can do that
3. You might be using xposed framework, it will not let you switch to ART runtime
1. I'm not worried about doubling up on data, just don't want tobstorr files I can no longer access.
Unfortunately your answer about the files are where they are supposed to be isn't descriptive enough. The files I had in private mode were originally on my SD card but with private mode enabled I used the Samsung My Files app to move them to the private folder in that app. So it moved those files just not sure where.
2.I'm not trying to regain access to those files just asking a general question about getting private mode functional again. Is the only way to refladh a stock ROM.
3. I'm fairly certain I didn't install xposed.
I'm going to dive into a few other threads. I see there are files I can modify to manually switch between the two. I'll make sure I'm not in ART.