[Q] Would reverting to stock and re-rooting help my terrible battery life?

Search This thread

hardisty

Feb 22, 2013
Short version: I'm getting horrible battery life on a brand new battery with a setup that other people get much more life out of. Is it possible that there's some part of my phone that survives all the clean flashes I do and is responsible for this? Would completely taking my phone back to stock and then re-rooting and flashing a ROM wipe that part out or does regular clean flashing clear out anything that could be responsible?

Detailed version: I've had my device rooted since Day 1 and have flashed countless ROMs over the two years. Recently I noticed I was getting horrible battery life on Carbon, especially when it came to screen on time. I bought a brand new battery and it got a little better but still pretty terrible. Since then I've tried a couple different ROMs and kernels (AOSPA, Task650, kt747) and while it's been better, it usually can't make it past 6pm. At best I'm getting 1-1.5hrs screen on time. Also, the first 15% and last 25% drains so much faster than the rest. Would going completely to stock, re-rooting, and flashing a rom help?

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Nothing should remain if you wipe system, data, cache, and Dalvik.

Try installing a ROM with a CPU governor that allows your to choose the settings.