[Q] OUYA + CM11 + Games?

Search This thread

krazykrivda

Sep 2, 2009
Philidelphia
**This is NOT the typical "how can I get my OUYA **games on CM11"

Rather... anyone find any good Play Store games that can be played with OUYA controllers? If so I'd love to maintain a list here for myself and others. Bonus points if you can recommend Play Store games that use controller AND i can sit with friend(s) and all play on same TV (<-- this I cannot find at all)

Looking forward to some replies!

RECAP OF SOME SUGGESTIONS IN REPLY POSTS:
Ouya Downloader - download games that are in OUYA store - THANKS TO d0ubl3_d1zzl3, post #4
Game & App List - play store apks with documented OUY compatibility - THANKS TO ajb999, post #6

-KrazyKrivda

Last edited:

djwyman

Oct 28, 2010
Lake Charles LA
good question. from what I have gathered the best way to find games on the play store for ouya controller support is to use tegra zone as you can search for games that have controller support. maybe someone will chime in with a list or a better answer but that is what I have found so far.

d0ubl3_d1zzl3

Sep 8, 2005
Bay Area, CA
You might wanna check out this app while it's still in the Play Store: Ouya Downloader

I just tested it this morning and it let me download games from the OUYA store w/o a problem. They installed fine, but didn't really get a chance to fully test them out as I'm running low on disk space (which is something else I'm working on); but judging by the filenames of the APKs, they seem to be the OUYA modified versions that will work with the controller. I'll continue testing tonight, but so far it looks quite promising.

krazykrivda

Sep 2, 2009
Philidelphia
You might wanna check out this app while it's still in the Play Store: Ouya Downloader

I just tested it this morning and it let me download games from the OUYA store w/o a problem. They installed fine, but didn't really get a chance to fully test them out as I'm running low on disk space (which is something else I'm working on); but judging by the filenames of the APKs, they seem to be the OUYA modified versions that will work with the controller. I'll continue testing tonight, but so far it looks quite promising.

I've used this for a few games. My favorite, Bombsquad, will not play. The app auto-shuts down because it doesn't recognize the system as ouya anymore. Have you run into this? And any idea what it may be checking (probably in buildprop) to counteract it?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

d0ubl3_d1zzl3

Sep 8, 2005
Bay Area, CA
I've used this for a few games. My favorite, Bombsquad, will not play. The app auto-shuts down because it doesn't recognize the system as ouya anymore. Have you run into this? And any idea what it may be checking (probably in buildprop) to counteract it?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

Yeah, doesn't seem like a reliable way of getting games.. I was able to download and install both Shadowgun and RetroArch directly on my Ouya, and RetroArch installed fine and seems to work fine, but Shadowgun installs and loads but stays stuck on the loading screen... I haven't tried installing Shadowgun via the Play Store yet, but seems like installing from that Ouya downloader is hit and miss...

Update: Shadowgun installs and loads fine via the Play Store. It also plays great. Just had to map all the buttons on the OUYA controller before I started to play.

Last edited: