Galaxy S I9000 only charges with USB cable

Search This thread

Drhedphuk

Oct 10, 2012
Bournemouth
OnePlus 5T
I am hoping that someone out there can help me. My sgs i9000 does not charge when using the mains charger. It charges when plugged into a laptop is in the USB cable okay though. I have bought, both a new battery and a new charger, but the problem persists. Has anyone had or heard of this problem? Better still, does anyone have a solution?

I thank you all in advance.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

knuckles1978

Aug 6, 2012
Yeah, your USB port inside the phone is damaged, go to a service center with it to replace the damaged slot

Thanked you by accident when I went to quote you there :)

It probably isn't his USB port on the phone if it's charging fine from a laptop with USB cable.

I'd be checking that the charger definitely works by charging another device with it, if you have one. The voltage pins on the phones socket are the same whether you're charging with a charger or plugging into a computers USB, so if one way wasn't working then nothing should be working.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Drhedphuk

Drhedphuk

Oct 10, 2012
Bournemouth
OnePlus 5T

It probably isn't his USB port on the phone if it's charging fine from a laptop with USB cable.

I'd be checking that the charger definitely works by charging another device with it, if you have one. The voltage pins on the phones socket are the same whether you're charging with a charger or plugging into a computers USB, so if one way wasn't working then nothing should be working.

Thank you.

The charger charges my wifes phone with no problems. The battery charges in her phone using the mains charger too, so not a battery related problem either.

knuckles1978

Aug 6, 2012
Thank you.

The charger charges my wifes phone with no problems. The battery charges in her phone using the mains charger too, so not a battery related problem either.

Could just be the plug on the charger possibly, I've had that happen before. There are two little sprung prongs on one side of it. I've had well used chargers before that I've had to get a pair of pliers and pull them out a little..

The fact that it works on your wife's phone doesn't mean it can't be the plug on your charger. Could just be that your USB port is a tiny bit more worn than hers. Doesn't mean that your port is totally screwed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drhedphuk

Drhedphuk

Oct 10, 2012
Bournemouth
OnePlus 5T
I have tried three different chargers and none of them charge my phone. I'm very interested in your comment about the USB port being slightly more worn.
I am constantly flashing different Roms etc across using ums/ mtp so that does make sense. Also the USB cable that I use to charge my laptop is an old Nokia cable and the USB connector (phone end) is a little tighter.

Thanks.

My phone became a bit wet in the rains (started working after keeping it in rice) and since then even I am facing a similar issue... My auto rotate doesn't go off even after disabling it and my phone only charges even when its connected to the pc... Unable to use it for any sort of data transfer between the phone and the pc... Doesn't get into download mode without using the battery method and odin too doest recognize it... @Drhedphuk if you had some progress please do post here too...

Drhedphuk

Oct 10, 2012
Bournemouth
OnePlus 5T
My phone became a bit wet in the rains (started working after keeping it in rice) and since then even I am facing a similar issue... My auto rotate doesn't go off even after disabling it and my phone only charges even when its connected to the pc... Unable to use it for any sort of data transfer between the phone and the pc... Doesn't get into download mode without using the battery method and odin too doest recognize it... @Drhedphuk if you had some progress please do post here too...

Hi @sbnaul Unfortunately I haven't had much progress at all. My device connects with Odin & PC etc with no problem, it is just the charging issue using the mains charger. I have discovered that if I push in and hold the usb connector of the mains charger it will charge. Obviously though, none of us have the time to sit there and hold the phone for its charging process. If I have any further progress I will post here. Good Luck with your own problem, that must be a headache.

Reactions: sbnaul

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeah, your USB port inside the phone is damaged, go to a service center with it to replace the damaged slot

Take ur phone to service centre

Sent from my GT-S5282 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thank you.

Could just be the plug on the charger possibly, I've had that happen before. There are two little sprung prongs on one side of it. I've had well used chargers before that I've had to get a pair of pliers and pull them out a little..

The fact that it works on your wife's phone doesn't mean it can't be the plug on your charger. Could just be that your USB port is a tiny bit more worn than hers. Doesn't mean that your port is totally screwed.

Hi @sbnaul Unfortunately I haven't had much progress at all. My device connects with Odin & PC etc with no problem, it is just the charging issue using the mains charger. I have discovered that if I push in and hold the usb connector of the mains charger it will charge. Obviously though, none of us have the time to sit there and hold the phone for its charging process. If I have any further progress I will post here. Good Luck with your own problem, that must be a headache.