[Q] flashing Galaxy S4.. PLEASE HELPP

Search This thread

luckyd8

Jun 11, 2014
hello,
i rooted my galaxy s4 and ever since that, i keep getting the error "system UI has stopped".. so after doing a lot of research i found that only way to fix this is by flashing stock rom. so i need to flash UCUEMK2 into my SGH-I337 AT&T phone via odin. im not sure if i should include a PIT file along with the AP file? what should i do?
i dont want to brick this phone again, so someone please help me..
i would really appreciate your help. thank you!

Kobro

Nov 21, 2013
hello,
i rooted my galaxy s4 and ever since that, i keep getting the error "system UI has stopped".. so after doing a lot of research i found that only way to fix this is by flashing stock rom. so i need to flash UCUEMK2 into my SGH-I337 AT&T phone via odin. im not sure if i should include a PIT file along with the AP file? what should i do?

if you download your stock rom from sammobile or samsungupdates, it will include only the necessary files. if it includes a .pit, use it, otherwise dont. (usually there isnt one)

Reactions: luckyd8

luckyd8

Jun 11, 2014
if you download your stock rom from sammobile or samsungupdates, it will include only the necessary files. if it includes a .pit, use it, otherwise dont. (usually there isnt one)

Sammobile and other sites only have the 4.2.2 version, my phone has the ver 4.3 which i prefer.. So i should include the PIT file? And what are the chances or bricking this phone? Because im just after getting it fixed from a hard brick.. Thank you for your reply :)

Kobro

Nov 21, 2013
Sammobile and other sites only have the 4.2.2 version, my phone has the ver 4.3 which i prefer.. So i should include the PIT file? And what are the chances or bricking this phone? Because im just after getting it fixed from a hard brick.. Thank you for your reply :)

how did you update to 4.3? if its a custom rom, you can just flash 4.2.2 again, then install the rom. if its by ota or kies, install 4.2.2 and update the same way again.

luckyd8

Jun 11, 2014
how did you update to 4.3? if its a custom rom, you can just flash 4.2.2 again, then install the rom. if its by ota or kies, install 4.2.2 and update the same way again.

I dont think its a custom rom.. After i bricked my old motherboard i bought this new one from ebay.. It had 4.3 pre installed from OTA update i think.. Then i rooted the phone and kept getting the "system ui" error, then i unrooted the phone and hard reset it, didnt fix the problem. So im trying to flash UCUEMK2 which my phone already has.. 4.2.2 has many bugs and i cant send apps to memory card in 4.2.2 thats why im trying to get 4.3.. Thanks

Kobro

Nov 21, 2013
I dont think its a custom rom.. After i bricked my old motherboard i bought this new one from ebay.. It had 4.3 pre installed from OTA update i think.. Then i rooted the phone and kept getting the "system ui" error, then i unrooted the phone and hard reset it, didnt fix the problem. So im trying to flash UCUEMK2 which my phone already has.. 4.2.2 has many bugs and i cant send apps to memory card in 4.2.2 thats why im trying to get 4.3.. Thanks

so what i would do if i were in your place is download the 4.2.2. and then upgrate via ot or cutom rom. ill also try finding a 4.3 stock rom for you.
EDIT:
couldnt find 4.3 stock rom, youll have to do one of the above steps

Last edited:

luckyd8

Jun 11, 2014
so what i would do if i were in your place is download the 4.2.2. and then upgrate via ot or cutom rom. ill also try finding a 4.3 stock rom for you.

I actually already have the PA file for the 4.3 already downloaded to my laptop but the tutorial i used told me to download the PIT file as well, and the comments that tutorial received werent good, and the other tutorials ive seen never used a pit files.. Thats y im confused.. It would be easy to flash 4.2.2 but the problem is i live in Ireland and we didnt get the 4.3 update here yet and i cant use OTA as its locked to AT&T.. Its very confusing i know.. But thank you so much for helping me :)

Reactions: Kobro

Kobro

Nov 21, 2013
I actually already have the PA file for the 4.3 already downloaded to my laptop but the tutorial i used told me to download the PIT file as well, and the comments that tutorial received werent good, and the other tutorials ive seen never used a pit files.. Thats y im confused.. It would be easy to flash 4.2.2 but the problem is i live in Ireland and we didnt get the 4.3 update here yet and i cant use OTA as its locked to AT&T.. Its very confusing i know.. But thank you so much for helping me :)

well, you can try without the .pit, if it dosent work do it again with, its simple. if you brick it, then use the 4..2.2 to uynbrick then try the other method, so no matter what its not a biggie. :)

luckyd8

Jun 11, 2014
well, you can try without the .pit, if it dosent work do it again with, its simple. if you brick it, then use the 4..2.2 to uynbrick then try the other method, so no matter what its not a biggie. :)

But what if it hard brick my phone again :( i hard bricked it before trying to flash something using TWRP .. Then i had to spend €100 on a new motherboard :( ..

Kobro

Nov 21, 2013
But what if it hard brick my phone again :( i hard bricked it before trying to flash something using TWRP .. Then i had to spend €100 on a new motherboard :( ..

so try without the pit file, if you brick flash tthe 4.2.2 to unbrick.
what do you mean, you actually had to replace a physical piece because of a brick??? never heard of that happening before :confused:

luckyd8

Jun 11, 2014
so try without the pit file, if you brick flash tthe 4.2.2 to unbrick.
what do you mean, you actually had to replace a physical piece because of a brick??? never heard of that happening before :confused:

Yeah if u hard brick it, the phone doesnt do anything.. Not even charge or flash a light.. Its just completely dead.. You could get it unbricked if ur living in USA or UK and few other countries using JTag method but in ireland they dont have the tools to do it, not even the samsung repair shop, so i had to buy a new motherboard.. Thats why im very scared to do this..

Kobro

Nov 21, 2013
Yeah if u hard brick it, the phone doesnt do anything.. Not even charge or flash a light.. Its just completely dead.. You could get it unbricked if ur living in USA or UK and few other countries using JTag method but in ireland they dont have the tools to do it, not even the samsung repair shop, so i had to buy a new motherboard.. Thats why im very scared to do this..

you can also get a usb jig off ebay for about $5, just plug it into the port and it boots into odin mode.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello,

EDIT:
    couldnt find 4.3 stock rom, youll have to do one of the above steps