Root with tool?

Search This thread

raynan

Jan 2, 2011

nbrent1007

Nov 11, 2010
Strong Island
Definitely bs!!! If root had been achieved for our device you would read about it on every forum and every tech website example being android authority and def xda!!

jm2k7

Mar 7, 2011
Black Mesa :P
Idk man. I downloaded the software for free. Anything is worth a try. What if the software actually worked? It's worth a try, right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I think it does not work that way. We must have the box or dongle to run the software, you may have a payment system for unlocking attempts.

Is a slot machine to unlock.

I do not like dongles.

dave1977nj

Aug 24, 2010
Who knows it may work? But the device itself costs $115-$135. So who's going to be the guinea pig?

PensFan66

Dec 3, 2010
Hmmm .. this does look interesting and I have no issues with purchasing one once confirmed - Claims it supports root on AT&T by flash ... I have a few guys at work that have Verizon S5's - they might want to get in and buy one - maybe we can be test :)

PS4AndroidHacker

Jul 11, 2009
Dalton,Ohio
www.facebook.com
Last time I checked, people download viruses/malware/scams for free all the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Last time I checked, I was a computer networker and run anti-virus, anti-malware,anti-spyware, and anti-adware. I know quite a bit about computers man but it may be worth a try with the dongle. I'm sure my system would automatically tell me if any of those were present. Just saying. Why would we be here on a developers site if we didn't know what a virus is?

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

Geohot May have root for S5! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53338564

Last edited:

SkyAttacksX

Mar 28, 2013
Florida
Last time I checked, I was a computer networker and run anti-virus, anti-malware,anti-spyware, and anti-adware. I know quite a bit about computers man but it may be worth a try with the dongle. I'm sure my system would automatically tell me if any of those were present. Just saying. Why would we be here on a developers site if we didn't know what a virus is?

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

Geohot May have root for S5! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53338564

Did anyone test or am I going to be the first?

SkyAttacksX

Mar 28, 2013
Florida
I'm wondering the same brother lol. Still trying to find the exact code that was typed in.

Seems a little risky though, it says "Root by flash" whereas that could mean what I believe was done on an older version of the S4's firmware, where a temporary recovery was flashed in order to root. For the S5 and newer S4 firmware on AT&T and VZN, this would be impossible with the lockdown.