[Q]Htc sensation Z710e help with corrupted recovery

Search This thread

hammadyi

Jun 11, 2014
Hello everyone,

I am a new htc sensation user and I recently rooted it using the traditional method and have been installing roms since then.

However, recently when I was installing CarbonRom Kitkat 4.4.3, the ClockWork Mod recovery told me that I cannot flash the rom ( I don't know for what reason). I thought it was something to do with my recovery. So I decided to flash 4EXT touch recovery but as I have S-on, even after giving the command through fastboot for erasing recovery and all the partitions "fastboot -w" , the command prompt gave me this error " remote access not allowed". So I thought of going on with the flashing and flashed the 4EXT recovery image through fastboot. But when I tried to boot into recovery , the phone was just stuck on the htc white screen.

As I did not erase the recovery and flashed a new recovery, i think that I have overlapped the two recoveries and have corrupted them. Now, my phone boots only into the bootloader and I also have s-on. Can anyone please tell me how to install the stock rom (as I would like to revert back to the original rom) through bootloader and fastboot? i heard about the PG58IMG method but will it work on s-on? Please help me out.

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Hi, im guessing u already have recovery.img in ur fastboot folder so try this command from fastboot

fastboot boot recovery.img

Hopefully that will get u there so u can flash a rom but u will have to download 4ext recovery updater app once phone is booted to flash recovery coz doing above command only boots recovery, doesnt flash it. It works on desire s and desire so it should work for sensation too (hopefully)

Reactions: hammadyi

hammadyi

Jun 11, 2014
Hi, im guessing u already have recovery.img in ur fastboot folder so try this command from fastboot

Hopefully that will get u there so u can flash a rom but u will have to download 4ext recovery updater app once phone is booted to flash recovery coz doing above command only boots recovery, doesnt flash it. It works on desire s and desire so it should work for sensation too (hopefully)

So this means that I should first flash the recovery and then boot it using the command

?? or should I just boot it up using the command . And is there anyway to give any master commands like erase a partition while on s-on? And which recovery do u prefer CWM or 4EXT?

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
So this means that I should first flash the recovery and then boot it using the command

?? or should I just boot it up using the command . And is there anyway to give any master commands like erase a partition while on s-on? And which recovery do u prefer CWM or 4EXT?

since you are on S-ON go for 4ext

hammadyi

Jun 11, 2014

That is actually where the problem started from. i tried to install 4ext before erasing CWM and I think that caused the problem.

Do you think that recoveries can be overlapped or am i just being pointless? And can you tell me about any master commands like erasing a parition that will work with s-on?

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
That is actually where the problem started from. i tried to install 4ext before erasing CWM and I think that caused the problem.

Do you think that recoveries can be overlapped or am i just being pointless? And can you tell me about any master commands like erasing a parition that will work with s-on?

you can overwrite 4ext in top of cwm
i used to have cwm but i changed it with 4ext using only the command
fastboot fash recovery recovery.img

i didn't use any command for erasing partitions

hammadyi

Jun 11, 2014

I also used the same commands but since then I am not able to get into the recovery. it just shows the htc logo on white background
Do you think it has something to do with s-on? were you on s-off when you flashed the recovery?

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
I also used the same commands but since then I am not able to get into the recovery. it just shows the htc logo on white background
Do you think it has something to do with s-on? were you on s-off when you flashed the recovery?

Nothing to do with s-on. Try flashing 4ext recovery again

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

If that doesnt work then try what i said earlier

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
So i just flashed stock htc sensation recovery but I do not know how to install the stock rom through stock recovery can you tell me how to do that?

connect your device in fastboot mode to pc
double click the ruu from pc and follow the on screen instructions

by the way did you do first as jmcclue told you?

hammadyi

Jun 11, 2014
so now you have access to the OS
did you try again to flash a custom recovery?

actually it did not go according to plan and while installing the ruu it failed. so now I am looking for a signed stock rom to install through fastboot using this command
fastboot update update.zip

would that be fine?

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
actually it did not go according to plan and while installing the ruu it failed. so now I am looking for a signed stock rom to install through fastboot using this command
fastboot update update.zip

would that be fine?

read from this thread-> 4. Flashing RUU manually
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1672425

i don't know if this command exists but you can use this one
fastboot flash zip pg58img.zip

edit: by the way what failure did you have with ruu?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Nothing to do with s-on. Try flashing 4ext recovery again

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

If that doesnt work then try what i said earlier

no was on S-ON