[lt01][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Search This thread

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
The source of problem is vold had no write access to the root of SD card.

Sorry as I am not well used to that code part
Why in that case the exfat access works perfectly using the vold hack for kernel static implementation?
https://github.com/PhilZ-cwm6/andro...96c2#diff-f16175bdcfdd442ab9f16ffe0c402e3bR66

Also, many devices do not have the smdk...rc file or such and we only rely on init.rc

For NTFS, I guess it is either my mount flags (I will try 0 for fmask and dmask) or rather the limitations in the linux kernel driver which has only limited write support for NTFS. Dropping back to fuse is the only fix in that case

ketut.kumajaya

Recognized Developer
Apr 28, 2011
Bekasi
Sorry as I am not well used to that code part
Why in that case the exfat access works perfectly using the vold hack for kernel static implementation?
https://github.com/PhilZ-cwm6/andro...96c2#diff-f16175bdcfdd442ab9f16ffe0c402e3bR66

Also, many devices do not have the smdk...rc file or such and we only rely on init.rc

For NTFS, I guess it is either my mount flags (I will try 0 for fmask and dmask) or rather the limitations in the linux kernel driver which has only limited write support for NTFS. Dropping back to fuse is the only fix in that case
As I said before, I most prefer fused NTFS. Agreed with your decision to switch back :good: I will find a better fix for f2fs and ext4 formatted SD card.

ketut.kumajaya

Recognized Developer
Apr 28, 2011
Bekasi

ketut.kumajaya

Recognized Developer
Apr 28, 2011
Bekasi
UPDATE 07/04/2014:
  • PhilZ Touch 6.26.1
  • Updated NEXT dual boot tool, now we can expand system.img without loosing user data:
    • Boot into 2nd recovery, nandroid backup /system
    • Boot into 1st recovery, run dual boot tool from Advanced menu, create larger system.img (2GB, 750MB, or 1GB)
    • Boot into 2nd recovery, you can reformat /system as ext4 or f2fs filesystem, nandroid restore /system
    Only "DELETE 2ND ROM" option completely delete 2nd ROM's system.img and user data.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51364377&postcount=33

saj2001ind

Dec 24, 2007
guys I just bought tab 3 P310, wifi only Indian version...where can I find its ODIN to flash this recovery pls ?

jonasmckee

Oct 10, 2010
Modesto, Ca
This is Extended PhilZ Touch Recovery previously known as blackhawk repack but now compiled from source, extend PhilZ Touch features mainly for dual boot.

IMPORTANT INFO:
For a brand new Tab 3 8.0, @Phil3759 has made Odin flashable *tar.md5 package:
You can update to the latest version using PhilZ Touch recovery itself later.

If I have TWRP and want to switch to this.. can I just down load the zip and flash thru TWRP or do I have to Odin

Thanks

madcaesar18

Aug 3, 2011
Huge backup size?

I'm having trouble with the recovery. I recently flashed Philz and installed CM 11. All is working fine, but when I go into recovery to create a backup to flash some other stuff, I am presented with a ridiculous sized backup requirement (12000 GB!!). My SD card is almost empty, and my internal drive is 4.8GB free out of 12 GB.

Anyone else having this issue? I tried doing a backup to SD card and internal storage, but both want that 12000 GB for some reason. Picture is attached.

cgVNOe5.jpg

Anmolh

Oct 17, 2013
This is Extended PhilZ Touch Recovery previously known as blackhawk repack but now compiled from source, extend PhilZ Touch features mainly for dual boot.

Extended Features:
  1. Integrated dual boot tool, only visible on 1st recovery's Andvaced menu
  2. Show nice looking AROMA based dual boot menu if 2nd ROM exist. Completely separate 1st and 2nd ROM's recovery, without different recovery commands.
  3. Using patched reboot function to make boot menu's reboot options work properly, direct access to Android reboot routine without property server
  4. Auto detect filesystem type using patched busybox's blkid but still use fstab as a fallback. A nice feature to adapt a new filesystem, i.e. f2fs
  5. Complete Flash-Friendly File System (f2fs) support for /system, /cache, /data and external SD card. Need a compatible kernel and ROM (with patched vold and e2fsprogs's blkid for f2fs formatted SD card) for normal boot
  6. User selectable device format, ext4 or f2fs
  7. Disable nandroid restore re-format /system and /cache. Solution for easly convert filesystem to/from f2fs from/to ext4.
  8. Commits history: https://github.com/kumajaya/philz_touch_cwm6/commits/cm-11.0

IMPORTANT INFO:
For a brand new Tab 3 8.0, @Phil3759 has made Odin flashable *tar.md5 package:
You can update to the latest version using PhilZ Touch recovery itself later.

UPDATE 07/04/2014:
  • PhilZ Touch 6.26.1
  • Updated NEXT dual boot tool, now we can expand system.img without loosing user data:
    • Boot into 2nd recovery, nandroid backup /system
    • Boot into 1st recovery, run dual boot tool from Advanced menu, create larger system.img (2GB, 750MB, or 1GB)
    • Boot into 2nd recovery, you can reformat /system as ext4 or f2fs filesystem, nandroid restore /system
    Only "DELETE 2ND ROM" option completely delete 2nd ROM's system.img and user data.

Credits:
  • @Phil3759 for PhilZ Touch source and all sources contributors, koush for CWM, CyanogenMod etc
  • @amarullz for AROMA Installer source and all sources contributors
  • @DerTeufel1980 for working f2fs backport patch set and all sources contributors, also thanks for Samsung, nowcomputing, etc
  • @Android-Andi for initial device tree dual boot recovery integration
  • @gr8nole for initial guide how to build Android from source
  • PhilZ Touch user for feedback, review, donation, etc

Sources:

How to convert your internal storage to f2fs filesystem:
  1. Make sure your external SD card free space larger than internal storage contents
  2. Full charge your device for safety
  3. Boot into 1st recovery
  4. Select "Backup and Restore" menu
  5. Select "Custom Backup to /storage/sdcard1" menu
  6. Select "Backup data" and "Backup /data/media" only, and then select "Start Custom Backup Job"
  7. Back to main menu and select "Mounts and Storage" menu
  8. Select "format /data and /data/media", select "f2fs" and confirm
  9. Select "format /cache", select "f2fs" and confirm
  10. Back to "Backup and Restore" menu, and then select "Custom Restore from to /storage/sdcard1"
  11. Select "Restore data" and "Restore /data/media" only, and then select "Start Custom Restore Job"
  12. Flash latest NEXT kernel, the only f2fs compatible kernel for now
  13. Back to main menu and select "Power Options" menu, "Reboot recovery"
  14. Boot into 2nd recovery, recovery auto detect /data filesystem format and reformat /cache
  15. Reboot

Above guide also applicable to convert your /system filesystem to f2fs. To keep your /system as f2fs even after a nightly update, reuse attached PhilZ Touch flashable zip's update-binary to replace CM flashable zip's update-binary and change updater-script mount and format command:
Code:
mount("f2fs", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/dw_mmc/by-name/SYSTEM", "/system");
package_extract_file("system/bin/backuptool.sh", "/tmp/backuptool.sh");
package_extract_file("system/bin/backuptool.functions", "/tmp/backuptool.functions");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/backuptool.sh");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/tmp/backuptool.functions");
run_program("/tmp/backuptool.sh", "backup");
unmount("/system");
show_progress(0.500000, 0);
format("f2fs", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/dw_mmc/by-name/SYSTEM", "0", "/system");
mount("f2fs", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/dw_mmc/by-name/SYSTEM", "/system");

NOTE:
Non-journaling exFAT filesystem still faster (and widely compatible) than f2fs for SD card. By utilize in-kernel exFAT support, exFAT performance even better than standard CM's exFAT in user space (fuse). For your reference:

Can i flash these recovery on tab 3 t311? :)

ketut.kumajaya

Recognized Developer
Apr 28, 2011
Bekasi
I'm having trouble with the recovery. I recently flashed Philz and installed CM 11. All is working fine, but when I go into recovery to create a backup to flash some other stuff, I am presented with a ridiculous sized backup requirement (12000 GB!!). My SD card is almost empty, and my internal drive is 4.8GB free out of 12 GB.

Anyone else having this issue? I tried doing a backup to SD card and internal storage, but both want that 12000 GB for some reason. Picture is attached.

cgVNOe5.jpg
No.

Reactions: tetakpatak

Top Liked Posts