[Q] Runbo x5+ (KING) Custom Rom Kitkat 4.4 CyanogenMod 10.1

Search This thread

Dirili

May 26, 2013
Hope those are enough buzzwords for everyone else to find that thread.

Long story short, I'm looking for an android upgrade for my runbo x5+. Had an old defy for ~5 years now and quarx, that crazy son of a *****, always kept me up to date. Bless his soul. Downgrading to 4.0.4 really feels weird now.

So, if anyone else out there got a ranbo x5+ with an up to date android, please, enlighten the plebs. An URL would be enough, I can google the rest. Thing is, I find nothing about my x5+. And paid too much to just throw on CyanogenMod 10.1 and hope it doesn't break my ****.

Love and kisses! <3

Last edited:

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
What's the difference between the runbo x5 and the x5+ king, is it completely different hardware? There's a root exploit for the x5 but no roms i can see, but if all the drivers sources etc. Were released you could build CM yourself as long as you had root.

Dirili

May 26, 2013
It's sturdier, slightly bigger screen with a slightly higher resolution, slightly better buttons, rest's mostly cosmetic.
-> outdoor-handys . com / runbo-x5-vs-runbo-x5-plus

How do I build my own CM with root?

edit: different / newer firmware and drivers, too.

Last edited:

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
It's sturdier, slightly bigger screen with a slightly higher resolution, slightly better buttons, rest's mostly cosmetic.
-> outdoor-handys . com / runbo-x5-vs-runbo-x5-plus

How do I build my own CM with root?

http://true-android.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/how-to-root-runbo-x5-running-on-android.html try this, it's a one click root app so hopefully it won'tvbreak anything but instead will tell you if it will work or not

If the specs are exactly the same aside from the screen, then if the x5 already has CM then it should be easy. If it doesn't then you're stuffed, especially if there are no driver sources either.

Dirili

May 26, 2013
That captcha's really getting on my nerves.

It's rooted, framaroot 1.7 did the trick. 1.8 might work, too. 1.9.x doesn't work.

Just to get it straight, as long as my phone is rooted, I can simply slap on any CM and be fine? 'Cause my old defy needed some really specific nightly builds.

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
That captcha's really getting on my nerves.

It's rooted, framaroot 1.7 did the trick. 1.8 might work, too. 1.9.x doesn't work.

Just to get it straight, as long as my phone is rooted, I can simply slap on any CM and be fine? 'Cause my old defy needed some really specific nightly builds.

No, you can't just slap it on. What I'm saying is that if the x5 has CM then you can port the source code easily or zipkang it even more easily. You might need an unlocked boot loader as well anyway. Search for device trees, kernels, drivers, etc. and if you can find that then there's a hope. If not then it's impossible.