[Q] RAZR HD Maxx EB40 voltage ranges

Search This thread

robobub

May 10, 2013
What voltage ranges do you guys get for 100% and 1%?

I bought a new EB40 for a friend's phone and am getting some weird effects. I've previously done the EB40 in Atrix HD in my own phone and it's been fine, but I haven't actually let it run down below 50% yet.

Full Story:
At first the phone wouldn't turn on, but the LED would turn on when I plugged it into the charger. I left it on the charger for 10 minutes and then it would turn on to the battery charging screen, reporting 1% battery left.

I then made it boot into the OS. After a couple minutes charging, it jumped to 100%. I left it on for an hour, then disconnected it, and then it was slowly going down like normal. However, after it hit 85% or so, it just suddenly died.

Then I had to charge it and it was back to 1% and the same thing repeated.

I tried clearing battery stats (/data/system/batterystats.bin) but it seemed similar. Now I'm trying to run the battery till it dies, it's been at 1% for quite a while. Then I'll charge it back to 100%, but is it possible I got a dud?

We ran it down to 1% again, it died, and and it went back up to 100% again. I'm figuring once I get down to the real 1% and dies, when I turn it on it won't be at 100% like every other time. Then perhaps it will charge all the way up to the real 100%.

So far it's been like this voltage wise:
3.966V: 3%
3.725V: 1%
died
3.696V: 100%
3.663V: 1%
died
3.661V: 100%

billycar11

What voltage ranges do you guys get for 100% and 1%?

I bought a new EB40 for a friend's phone and am getting some weird effects. I've previously done the EB40 in Atrix HD in my own phone and it's been fine, but I haven't actually let it run down below 50% yet.

Full Story:
At first the phone wouldn't turn on, but the LED would turn on when I plugged it into the charger. I left it on the charger for 10 minutes and then it would turn on to the battery charging screen, reporting 1% battery left.

I then made it boot into the OS. After a couple minutes charging, it jumped to 100%. I left it on for an hour, then disconnected it, and then it was slowly going down like normal. However, after it hit 85% or so, it just suddenly died.

Then I had to charge it and it was back to 1% and the same thing repeated.

I tried clearing battery stats (/data/system/batterystats.bin) but it seemed similar. Now I'm trying to run the battery till it dies, it's been at 1% for quite a while. Then I'll charge it back to 100%, but is it possible I got a dud?

We ran it down to 1% again, it died, and and it went back up to 100% again. I'm figuring once I get down to the real 1% and dies, when I turn it on it won't be at 100% like every other time. Then perhaps it will charge all the way up to the real 100%.

So far it's been like this voltage wise:
3.966V: 3%
3.725V: 1%
died
3.696V: 100%
3.663V: 1%
died
3.661V: 100%
i believe when these batterys are fully charged it should be around 4.300 so if the most your getting up to is 3.700 there is probably something wrong