FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Kitkat] CM11 Android 4.4.4 for the Droid X (2015)

1,390 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,246

By Aaahh, Senior Member on 5th March 2014, 03:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th June 2014, 10:02 AM |#1901  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Had random reboot now phone goes past Red M to CM 11 splash screen but wont power on.

What gives?
13th June 2014, 10:06 AM |#1902  
Flag Carrier: AT&T LTE
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiruscan

Had random reboot now phone goes past Red M to CM 11 splash screen but wont power on.
What gives?

You are lucky to have access to TWRP.
You can try wipe system, or dirty re-flash as you can access to TWRP you can do all this things.
WORST is when you can't access to TWRP and had to SBF to stock rom.
Was you doing/installing something or just installed something when phone reboots???
13th June 2014, 03:29 PM |#1903  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Weirdest thing. After running 6-07 nightly(4.4.3) for a few days, I was using Chrome browser to surf the Interwebs and it random rebooted. However, instead of rebooting it was stuck in a boot loop which I could not get out of. So I was forced to sbf and restore an earlier 4.4.2 nightly.
13th June 2014, 06:58 PM |#1904  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 178

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrosolatino

Detonation, As the OP ("aahhhh") effort is very few listened it, HE MADE an INSTALLER, why don't you try that first? Anyway always makes backups first, and have in hands the "Re-flashing SBF methods for linux pendrive" in case Murphy's law happens.
and in you decide to do it the hard way and do it all manually, someone already post several several pages ago that better update instructions are in the m.ksy THREAD in this link

I don't like using one-click/installer solutions - I like to learn the process so I can troubleshoot if something goes wrong. Either way, followed the OPs instructions and had no problems...only issue was Chrome saying the ROM and gapps were a malicious file for some reason and wouldn't letting me save them, so I had to get them in IE. All in all took about 15 mins total.
The Following User Says Thank You to detonation For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift detonation Ad-Free
13th June 2014, 07:27 PM |#1905  
Quote:
Originally Posted by detonation

I don't like using one-click/installer solutions - I like to learn the process so I can troubleshoot if something goes wrong. Either way, followed the OPs instructions and had no problems...only issue was Chrome saying the ROM and gapps were a malicious file for some reason and wouldn't letting me save them, so I had to get them in IE. All in all took about 15 mins total.

Downloading from drive, mediafire, or mega?

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk
14th June 2014, 12:10 PM |#1906  
Flag Rivne, Ukraine
Thanks Meter: 1,139

Donate to Me
More
Finally my studying in univercity completed (with excellent results) And now I have more time for develop.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to m.ksy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m.ksy Ad-Free
14th June 2014, 02:02 PM |#1907  
Thanks Meter: 1,255

More
Woohoo! Great job! Glad we have a smart developer!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Bobcus Leper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bobcus Leper Ad-Free
14th June 2014, 08:21 PM |#1908  
Flag Carrier: AT&T LTE
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Cool M.Ksy Congratulations!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.ksy

Finally my studying in univercity completed (with excellent results) And now I have more time for develop.

M.Ksy Congratulations!!!!
Well done and perfect mission accomplished!!!
So now it's party time, have fun, you deserve it

P.S.: Watch up with the GAS price, last night I read that Russia was cutting gas supplies to Ukraine. Stay Cool, be safe.
The Following User Says Thank You to sabrosolatino For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sabrosolatino Ad-Free
14th June 2014, 10:00 PM |#1909  
Flag Central Maryland
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:

Congrats! Now fix your donation button.
The Following User Says Thank You to deegge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deegge Ad-Free
15th June 2014, 10:16 PM |#1910  
Flag Rivne, Ukraine
Thanks Meter: 1,139

Donate to Me
More
Service New KitKat
New ROM - cm-11-20140614-UNOFFICIAL-shadow.zip

MEGA, Mediafire, GDrive
md5: 49b11c8025921b3ca3d11319e3ae8107

Changelog:

- CM repo sync (CM Account)
- Quarx's repo sync
- removed unneeded libs
- by default GPU OC disabled
- fixed charge only mode
- enabled zRam (swap 128mb) (type 'free' in terminal)
- some system modules moved to kernel
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to m.ksy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m.ksy Ad-Free
16th June 2014, 12:01 AM |#1911  
Thanks Meter: 1,255

More
Quote:

New ROM - cm-11-20140614-UNOFFICIAL-shadow.zip

MEGA, Mediafire, GDrive
md5: 49b11c8025921b3ca3d11319e3ae8107

Changelog:

- CM repo sync (CM Account)
- Quarx's repo sync
- removed unneeded libs
- by default GPU OC disabled
- fixed charge only mode
- enabled zRam (swap 128mb) (type 'free' in terminal)
- some system modules moved to kernel

Thanks m.ksy, but I can't test for another 2.2 weeks I'm afraid. Looks amazing IMO! Zram for the DX will be AWESOME!!!

Sent from my XT912 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Can't test because I didn't bring my DX on vacation with me.

Sent from my XT912 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Bobcus Leper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bobcus Leper Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11 4.4 kitkat, droidx

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)