T999V-Wind Mobile-TWRP problem

Search This thread

getochkn

Dec 25, 2010
I've tried 2.7.1 and 2.7.0 of TWRP for both Tmo and the Canada version they have, they all install fine, but when I try and do anything, it can't mount any partitions, so I can't wipe or install anything. I am rooted with the root66 of the latest Wind firmware.

Any other wind users know a good working TWRP ?

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
I've tried 2.7.1 and 2.7.0 of TWRP for both Tmo and the Canada version they have, they all install fine, but when I try and do anything, it can't mount any partitions, so I can't wipe or install anything. I am rooted with the root66 of the latest Wind firmware.

Are you running a custom rom and/or kernel? Im wondering if this may have something to do with selinux. If not using one already, try flashing an insecure custom kernel. You might also want to try flashing CWM, just to see if it has the same issue.

Reactions: getochkn

getochkn

Dec 25, 2010
Are you running a custom rom and/or kernel? Im wondering if this may have something to do with selinux. If not using one already, try flashing an insecure custom kernel. You might also want to try flashing CWM, just to see if it has the same issue.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure, I'm only running stock+root from the root66 package for the MK5 ROM for my phone from Wind in Canada. I tried installing CWM and it ran the first time, tried clearing cache to see if it had any permission/mount errors, and it froze, pulled the battery and wouldn't boot anymore. Had to reflash root66 package to get my phone to even boot. Rootchecker says I'm rooted fine, SU gives permissions to everything fine, busybox is fine. Donwload mode shows security bit disabled, so the root66 disabled knox. Not sure what to do try next.

EDIT

Installed CWM from ROM-Manager, and it worked, installed liewise ROM and it's working fine. I unno. lol.

Last edited:

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure, I'm only running stock+root from the root66 package for the MK5 ROM for my phone from Wind in Canada. I tried installing CWM and it ran the first time, tried clearing cache to see if it had any permission/mount errors, and it froze, pulled the battery and wouldn't boot anymore. Had to reflash root66 package to get my phone to even boot. Rootchecker says I'm rooted fine, SU gives permissions to everything fine, busybox is fine. Donwload mode shows security bit disabled, so the root66 disabled knox. Not sure what to do try next.

EDIT

Installed CWM from ROM-Manager, and it worked, installed liewise ROM and it's working fine. I unno. lol.

Sorry that caused you so much trouble. When you are booted into recovery though, whether or not the rom is rooted makes no difference. What is important here is if the kernel is secure or insecure. I am still fairly certain selinux was causing you your problems with mounting though. If you are running any rom based on my Sprint ND8 port (such as likewise), you shouldn't have anymore problems (if I am correct about it being selinux of course). The kernel included has selinux disabled. Glad you got it working though.

Just curious, what do you mean by download mode shows security bit disabled? I think you might mean selinux? The warranty bit, which is often referred to as the knox counter cannot be disabled and is actually separate from Knox itself. Removing knox is something done only in the rom, not the kernel, and has no effect on what is shown in download mode. Also, selinux is not knox, they are two different technologies. Just fyi for future reference.

Rickyfk

Sep 5, 2013

how i did my wind s3 is
Unified_Android_Toolkit_v1.2.8 seemed to work for me

getochkn

Dec 25, 2010
Sorry that caused you so much trouble. When you are booted into recovery though, whether or not the rom is rooted makes no difference. What is important here is if the kernel is secure or insecure. I am still fairly certain selinux was causing you your problems with mounting though. If you are running any rom based on my Sprint ND8 port (such as likewise), you shouldn't have anymore problems (if I am correct about it being selinux of course). The kernel included has selinux disabled. Glad you got it working though.

Just curious, what do you mean by download mode shows security bit disabled? I think you might mean selinux? The warranty bit, which is often referred to as the knox counter cannot be disabled and is actually separate from Knox itself. Removing knox is something done only in the rom, not the kernel, and has no effect on what is shown in download mode. Also, selinux is not knox, they are two different technologies. Just fyi for future reference.

Ah. Maybe I was looking at the QualcomSecureboot or something

Either way, all is good. Not sure why TWRP gave problems or CWM did via Odin. I'm using likewise rom, which is based off your sprint so shouldn't have any more problems now anyways. Not a stranger to flashing Samsung phones, just my first newer samsung flash with this whole knox/selinus thing and all that. My old sammy S 4G was flashed hundreds of times while I worked on ROMs'. lol.

Rickyfk

Sep 5, 2013
yes i forgot that in my post i always back ups of everything before i do anything.
i have also fixed bricked devices befor also but ya you have to be carful tho.

Be careful with that! I always advise against using it because it is very rarely updated, the op does not provide any support for it, and it has bricked several devices.

welcome2you

Jun 14, 2014
i have the same problem

my phone is wind T999V, rom is original JB 4.3.

i use root66 rom. i want to downgrade, i want to use twrp to copy system, but , all is no no no , sad.:crying:

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
i want to use twrp,but cannot find partition, i want to downgrade to 4.1 ,then i can unlock my phone , but i have no way to finish it.

How are you trying to install TWRP? There are several ways to do so. Odin, recovery, Goo.Im app..... You can get the twrp files from my sig if you want to try those. No guarantee you will be able to unlock when flashing the 4.1.1 modem, let us know if it works for you.

getochkn

Dec 25, 2010
I had tried TWRP through Odin flashable and also Goo Manager. I tried 2.7.0 and 2.7.1, both Tmo and Can version, and none could mount anything . CWM through Rom Manager works great though.

I know, from my experience working on ROM's and getting the first Heimdall flashable package to upgrade the Galaxy S 4G from Wind, that the Wind models of phones are slightly different than the Tmo versions. It took me a dev a while to find the right files, lots of soft bricking ,etc, to figure out the minute difference to allow Heimdall to flash a package, and even then, Heimdall could never flash a modem to the 4G-Wind Variant. I even tried working with the Heimdall dev to find out why, and never could. Modems would flash from CWM or TWRP, but not from the PC, even though Tmo firmwares and ROM's worked, so maybe the Wind phone is slightly different in partition layout that CWM can adapt for, but TWRP can't. Maybe I'll contact the TWRP team and see if I can help them figure out why, although now I'm working a lot more than I was and don't have a lot of time to flash my phone 100 times and brick it and flash again like in the older days.

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
I had tried TWRP through Odin flashable and also Goo Manager. I tried 2.7.0 and 2.7.1, both Tmo and Can version, and none could mount anything . CWM through Rom Manager works great though.

I know, from my experience working on ROM's and getting the first Heimdall flashable package to upgrade the Galaxy S 4G from Wind, that the Wind models of phones are slightly different than the Tmo versions. It took me a dev a while to find the right files, lots of soft bricking ,etc, to figure out the minute difference to allow Heimdall to flash a package, and even then, Heimdall could never flash a modem to the 4G-Wind Variant. I even tried working with the Heimdall dev to find out why, and never could. Modems would flash from CWM or TWRP, but not from the PC, even though Tmo firmwares and ROM's worked, so maybe the Wind phone is slightly different in partition layout that CWM can adapt for, but TWRP can't. Maybe I'll contact the TWRP team and see if I can help them figure out why, although now I'm working a lot more than I was and don't have a lot of time to flash my phone 100 times and brick it and flash again like in the older days.

As far as partition layout goes, all of the T999 and I747 variants are the same. I believe the Sprint and Verizon ones are as well, but am not 100% confident in that. You said you tried the d2can and d2tmo versions, but what about d2lte? Everyone should be just using d2lte now as ALL the S3 models have been consolidated into that one. Where did you download it from btw? You can get it from the link in my sig. I know for sure it works. (I think I still need to add 2.7.0.1 though. But 2.7.0.0 is there.)

getochkn

Dec 25, 2010
As far as partition layout goes, all of the T999 and I747 variants are the same. I believe the Sprint and Verizon ones are as well, but am not 100% confident in that. You said you tried the d2can and d2tmo versions, but what about d2lte? Everyone should be just using d2lte now as ALL the S3 models have been consolidated into that one. Where did you download it from btw? You can get it from the link in my sig. I know for sure it works. (I think I still need to add 2.7.0.1 though. But 2.7.0.0 is there.)

I looked in your sig but don't see a D2LTE TWRP, only the 2.7.0 TMO one, which I downloaded from the official TWRP site, as well as 2.7.1 and neither worked. I also tried installing from Goo Manager. Maybe I'll try yours since it is a CWM flashable zip as opposed to an odin tarball and I have CWM working

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
I looked in your sig but don't see a D2LTE TWRP, only the 2.7.0 TMO one, which I downloaded from the official TWRP site, as well as 2.7.1 and neither worked. I also tried installing from Goo Manager. Maybe I'll try yours since it is a CWM flashable zip as opposed to an odin tarball and I have CWM working

Ill have to double check that later. Been a while since I've flashed recovery. I know I am using the one in my repo though, so it should work fine whether its d2tmo or d2lte

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.