FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Game streaming to other Android devices or PCs with Moonlight and GeForce Experience

472 posts
Thanks Meter: 417
 
By cgutman, Senior Member on 31st October 2013, 02:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th June 2014, 09:49 PM |#791  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayTheWolf

That's because Android is not taking the raw mouse input, only emulating a mouse on your screen. I can't seem to figure out a way around this either.

Okay. I will keep an eye on the app and probably try to use a controller.
 
 
15th June 2014, 12:41 PM |#792  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowD

Okay. I will keep an eye on the app and probably try to use a controller.

I am using a ps3 controller with a metal bracket that I have attached using hot glue. I then have Velcro on the bracket and the loop side of Velcro on my phone and n7 tablet. I have the controller connected via USB otg and it all worth's flawlessly. Exactly like a shield but a ghetto version. I'm so happy that this is all available. Thank you for all of your work on this. And I look forward to future updates. Possibly mouse middle wheel and button actions with the on screen mouse function. Like a scroll up or down left or right.

Just wanted to say that I am using the controller to play watchdogs and it works wonders. Much better than mouse and keyboard.
15th June 2014, 12:56 PM |#793  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 417
 
More
Another GFE 2.1 status update: success!
I've figured out secure pairing and encrypted input (required for GFE 2.1) and implemented them in Limelight-common. There's just a bit more work to do for platform-specific support (certificate and private key generation and storage) on Android and PC. My PoC code was able to stream from a GFE 2.1 box over the Internet to a custom version of Limelight-PC.

I'm off for some much needed rest (4:54 AM here), but we're on the home stretch. Expect a release for Android and PC in the next day or so.

Update: It's done! Limelight Android version 2.3 is rolling out on the Play Store, waiting for approval on the Ouya store, and posted https://github.com/limelight-stream/...droid/releases. Limelight PC is released too https://github.com/limelight-stream/...ht-pc/releases
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cgutman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cgutman Ad-Free
16th June 2014, 05:11 AM |#794  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Maybe we can find a game that has working raw mouse input and an available source code and figure out how they do it.
16th June 2014, 09:03 AM |#795  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Pair Request does not show up on pc
I never got the pair request on the current version, or previous, however when I rerun the installation for geforce experience, it works, on both versions, but i have to do this every time I reboot my computer, so is there a fix to this? thanks!
17th June 2014, 11:01 AM |#796  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I will stick to the previous version for now cause I know it works 100 percent ish.

But is there any way you can make it to remember PC Names with IP Addresses. What I do is I have a note 3 and a nexus 7.. I play at home and while out. when I am out I connect to the Routers ip address. When I am home i connect to the ipv4 address for the pc. Without having to retype the ip addresses, could i select from a list.

Also, can you add mouse middle button and wheel in the mouse movements, with 2 finger scroll etc.

maybe right click also? with all mouse buttons, you could play diablo 3 without a keyboard and mouse connected.

Again. Thank you for all of your time. you have done such a great job.
19th June 2014, 03:18 AM |#797  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
APK version with more games support
Hi guys,

I've made a fork from cgutman's repository and added the funcionality to show more supported games (else than Steam). Just click the Pair with PC button and the game list will appear. Also I've made some improvements for a problem that happened with me: if the Steam hangs or something, I had to go to pc and finish it, now, the Limelight client itself does that. Other thing, if you are playing a game and then change to another on Limelight, the other one will be automatically closed.
This version doesn't contain the changes to work with GFE 2.1 (since it's based on the last Google Play release). It would be good if you guys tested, so I can see if there are any bugs. The source code is here https://github.com/s0ckz/limelight-android and here https://github.com/s0ckz/limelight-common and the apk is attached...
I wanted also to add a feature to use the gamepad as a mouse. Cameron and guys, what you guys think? I already do something like that but I use the JoyToKey PC program to simulate the mouse and it doesn't work out of the box. I could add this funcionality and also permit the user to create some profiles... It works OK for games like Marvel Heroes and Diablo 3 (I play them myself...).
---

Cameron,
It's a nice piece of work you've done! Thanks a lot for providing the source code of it. Keep up the good work! I'll try to help as much as I can... I've said that on GitHub but I'll say it again: I'll sync your fork with mine when I get some time.

PS: I use GFE 2.0.1.0 and it works OK for me! I've had some lag problems but it was solved by changing my stock rom from S4 to Dandvh's version...
PS2: My setup is PC on Lan and S4 on a 5GHz router (Asus RT-N56u). If you want any informations else, just ask...
Attached Files
File Type: apk limelight-android.apk - [Click for QR Code] (10.42 MB, 27 views)
19th June 2014, 07:02 AM |#798  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ckz

Hi guys,

I've made a fork from cgutman's repository and added the funcionality to show more supported games (else than Steam). Just click the Pair with PC button and the game list will appear. Also I've made some improvements for a problem that happened with me: if the Steam hangs or something, I had to go to pc and finish it, now, the Limelight client itself does that. Other thing, if you are playing a game and then change to another on Limelight, the other one will be automatically closed.
This version doesn't contain the changes to work with GFE 2.1 (since it's based on the last Google Play release). It would be good if you guys tested, so I can see if there are any bugs. The source code is here https://github.com/s0ckz/limelight-android and here https://github.com/s0ckz/limelight-common and the apk is attached...
I wanted also to add a feature to use the gamepad as a mouse. Cameron and guys, what you guys think? I already do something like that but I use the JoyToKey PC program to simulate the mouse and it doesn't work out of the box. I could add this funcionality and also permit the user to create some profiles... It works OK for games like Marvel Heroes and Diablo 3 (I play them myself...).
---

Cameron,
It's a nice piece of work you've done! Thanks a lot for providing the source code of it. Keep up the good work! I'll try to help as much as I can... I've said that on GitHub but I'll say it again: I'll sync your fork with mine when I get some time.

PS: I use GFE 2.0.1.0 and it works OK for me! I've had some lag problems but it was solved by changing my stock rom from S4 to Dandvh's version...
PS2: My setup is PC on Lan and S4 on a 5GHz router (Asus RT-N56u). If you want any informations else, just ask...

Hi, I haven't yet tested your version, i am wondering if this would work for games like drift city which doesn't work in steam yet, i think, also i was wondering if you know how to add support for raw mouse input, as i cannot play games with mouse fluidity, that's what is really holding me back from using limelight to its full potential i think. It would be really cool to use the mouse to play my pc games on my android device just like on my pc, no problems with keyboard right now, let me know thanks in advance.
19th June 2014, 11:20 AM |#799  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milardo

Hi, I haven't yet tested your version, i am wondering if this would work for games like drift city which doesn't work in steam yet, i think, also i was wondering if you know how to add support for raw mouse input, as i cannot play games with mouse fluidity, that's what is really holding me back from using limelight to its full potential i think. It would be really cool to use the mouse to play my pc games on my android device just like on my pc, no problems with keyboard right now, let me know thanks in advance.

Yeap, it can play games that are not in Steam. If it already appears on the GFE game list, you're good to go. If not, you can add it manually in the streaming section and it will probably work.

I think I can add this support to mouse raw input. I'll make a test version and post it here. It will probably be not perfect because I don't have a bluetooth mouse or USB OTG cable to test it.

-- Update:
Hi again,

I've seen your post earlier and you question why the mouse stops working when you go left or right to the screen. How's that? The mouse buttons work? Im asking this because the code already supports mouse events.
19th June 2014, 03:04 PM |#800  
GrayBoltWolf's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Raleigh, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,529
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ckz

Hi guys,

I've made a fork from cgutman's repository and added the funcionality to show more supported games (else than Steam). Just click the Pair with PC button and the game list will appear. Also I've made some improvements for a problem that happened with me: if the Steam hangs or something, I had to go to pc and finish it, now, the Limelight client itself does that. Other thing, if you are playing a game and then change to another on Limelight, the other one will be automatically closed.
This version doesn't contain the changes to work with GFE 2.1 (since it's based on the last Google Play release). It would be good if you guys tested, so I can see if there are any bugs. The source code is here https://github.com/s0ckz/limelight-android and here https://github.com/s0ckz/limelight-common and the apk is attached...
I wanted also to add a feature to use the gamepad as a mouse. Cameron and guys, what you guys think? I already do something like that but I use the JoyToKey PC program to simulate the mouse and it doesn't work out of the box. I could add this funcionality and also permit the user to create some profiles... It works OK for games like Marvel Heroes and Diablo 3 (I play them myself...).
---

Cameron,
It's a nice piece of work you've done! Thanks a lot for providing the source code of it. Keep up the good work! I'll try to help as much as I can... I've said that on GitHub but I'll say it again: I'll sync your fork with mine when I get some time.

PS: I use GFE 2.0.1.0 and it works OK for me! I've had some lag problems but it was solved by changing my stock rom from S4 to Dandvh's version...
PS2: My setup is PC on Lan and S4 on a 5GHz router (Asus RT-N56u). If you want any informations else, just ask...

You should talk to the OP here and you guys can join forces.
19th June 2014, 05:36 PM |#801  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Thanks a lot! Have a list of games and limelight who automaticly close game is really great! It work like a charm. But I've a question: I use a Moga controller pro and I don't know how to quit streaming with it. I put start and select buttons at same time but nothing happend. And another question: how to simulate keyboard? (In Dolphin emulator for exemple, to save states I must put on "ESC")

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, game streaming, gamestream, geforce experience, shield

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes