Can't get root back

Search This thread

jblz

Feb 13, 2011
I cannot get root back on 4.4.2 at all on FNB8 (after OTA update)

Tried using Odin 3.07 and 3.09 with CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505

There are no errors, it reboots, goes through the small setup, reboots again yet no root. Also tried installing SuperSU zip through recovery. Still no errors but no super su on phone.

Anyone know where I'm going wrong?

EDIT: Also, just to confirm - I have checked with a root checker - there is no root

Last edited:

Gloris

Dec 10, 2011
i always just use the option in philz recovery to restore root, then either install supersu app through recovery zip or install it form the play store.

it's under philz settings, then restore root

jblz

Feb 13, 2011
i always just use the option in philz recovery to restore root, then either install supersu app through recovery zip or install it form the play store.

it's under philz settings, then restore root

I have CWM touch, is it OK to just install over it or do I need to remove it first somehow?

Gloris

Dec 10, 2011
just flash the latest philz using odin. whenever you flash a recovery it replaced the whole recovery partition i believe.

jblz

Feb 13, 2011
Tried rooting with Philz, it went through OK. Booted into OS, downloaded Super SU. Still not root :(

EDIT: Sorry Gloris, I got philz working, edited just before you made that next reply.

Last edited:

Gloris

Dec 10, 2011
weird, i've never had that so not sure what to suggest. just to be clear, you got to download mode and flashed philz and all went fine in odin?

and just to be sure....try removing battery for 30 seconds, then insert battery and press and hold home key and volume UP while pressing power button (I tend to keep all 3 buttons pressed until i see the "se android is not enforcing" message and it's booting into recovery.

::EDIT::

no problem, did you get root working also? i've attached the zip that i flash after choosing restore root option in philz......i didn't make this zip, so not takign any credit or anything, jsut sharing it because it might be useful.

i generally prefer my device non rooted, but i use this method to quickly restore root to apply any rom changes then full unroot from within super su app. I found it's the easiest way to gain root access (works for me even from a fresh rom install too).

Attachments

• UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99r3.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited: