2 and 4k video playback

Search This thread

efanatic

Aug 2, 2013
Hertford, NC
OK no matter how I go to watch a 2 or 4k video trailer it lags very bad. I am on charters 60mbs service. Getting 59.9mbs with a speed test on my tablet. I tried loading it through my player, the stock video player, chrome, and the stock browser. It all lags and shutters badly making it impossible to watch.

Why would this play? YouTube app will not play higher than 720 and if I load it in the browser it also won't give me the option to watch it in full hd or higher

Sent from my SM-T325 using XDA Free mobile app

storino03

Jun 23, 2007
First of all, the Tab Pro/S screens aren't even 4k resolution so you wouldn't gain anything from watching it at that high of a resolution. Secondly, I'll leave it to the next person!

efanatic

Aug 2, 2013
Hertford, NC
I know that this is only a 2k screen but it should be able to play a 2k or a 4k video right? 1080 plays fine with no lag or anything.

Sent from my SM-T325 using XDA Free mobile app

efanatic

Aug 2, 2013
Hertford, NC
Mine has the snapdragon 800. The 1080s play fine but the 4ks don't. There are some 2k videos on that site and they lag too.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using XDA Free mobile app

skyhawk21

Mar 26, 2009
Wanted to chime in here... I have the U.S. Galaxy tab pro 8.4, I did not update to the newest version of software it keeps telling me that is ready to install. Its the black model...

I have on my networked server the timescapes 4k 2560p video clip. I copied it over to the 16gb built in sdcard storage on the tab and played the file using the stock video player.

It plays fine and is 99% smooth, here and there it may hitch once or twice. What I did notice is there may be a ghosting problem on this tab because the stars from the video clip smear when they move and are sharp when they don't in the background.

So 4k videos do play smooth its just there is ghosting.. This file was a .mp4

Maybe streaming them is the problem compared to playing them from storage with the video player built in

Mine has the snapdragon 800. The 1080s play fine but the 4ks don't. There are some 2k videos on that site and they lag too.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

simacca

Apr 27, 2006
Kent, uk
1440p and above lag for me using the chrome browser on YouTube (desktop version). Will try a downloaded clip to see if I get the same results.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk