[Q] THL W200s bricked by Exchange "wipe data"

Search This thread

ChrisGrahamUK

May 13, 2014
A collegue thought it would be interesting to see what the wipe data command on Exchange would do to my phone.
It appears to have bricked it.
The phone boots, shows the THL logo for a few seconds then shows a dark grey screen.
Is this phone recoverable.
I am a complete noob, first post, so if it is recoverable I'm going to need real step by step basic instructions.
Hope there is somebody who can help.
Thanks.

SuperCerealGuy

Jun 9, 2014
A collegue thought it would be interesting to see what the wipe data command on Exchange would do to my phone.
It appears to have bricked it.
The phone boots, shows the THL logo for a few seconds then shows a dark grey screen.
Is this phone recoverable.
I am a complete noob, first post, so if it is recoverable I'm going to need real step by step basic instructions.
Hope there is somebody who can help.
Thanks.

I got this result too...only grey screen after ThL logo. Can't get into neither recovery mode nor dowlnload mode. Please help :(

Jun 3, 2014
Bucharest
It happened to me too, exactly the same steps and now it is the same thing: logo and after that a black screen. Please, any solution? My wife is gonna kill me (it is her phone):silly:

motanbigcat

Jun 16, 2014
Bucharest
A hard reset could save your life;)..

Press and hold the volume (-) button and then press the power button for about 3 seconds, release the volume (-) button when the screen comes and wait for repair menu. It's written in Chinese. Go to the part which is writing MMC at the end with the volume (-) button and press the power button. You are now in the hard reset menu, press the power button again and wait until the phone opens. That's all. You will lose all your programs which you installed before if you didn't back up before but the phone will work. I saved my W200S yesterday with same solution.

Jun 3, 2014
Bucharest
Thanks for your advice. I noticed the Chinese menu but I avoided it every time being afraid of not ruining something ;). Anyway, these days I've found out how to flash new ROMs :D so I am fooling around with trying different ROMs, I got allowance from my wife for this :)). I am trying to fix an issue of the stock ROM, the proximity sensor doesn't light up the display when taking away from ear. The phone was not rooted so any attempt to enter engineering mode failed. Yesterday I discovered a MIUI ROM which looks very stylish and it solved the proximity sensor and even added the notification LED option (this was not included in the stock ROM). Now I have to test the battery life.

Last edited:

kasperski86

Nov 26, 2014
Preili
A hard reset could save your life;)..

Press and hold the volume (-) button and then press the power button for about 3 seconds, release the volume (-) button when the screen comes and wait for repair menu. It's written in Chinese. Go to the part which is writing MMC at the end with the volume (-) button and press the power button. You are now in the hard reset menu, press the power button again and wait until the phone opens. That's all. You will lose all your programs which you installed before if you didn't back up before but the phone will work. I saved my W200S yesterday with same solution.

I have the same problem with a black screen, the buttons do not work nothing happens Please help

Jun 3, 2014
Bucharest
THLW200S - Cyanogenmod 11

Hi, I solved all the issues of my THLW200S (lack of notification LED and improperly functioning of the proximity sensor) by flashing this ROM. I tried a few other ROM's but this one works flawlessly.

aldodadone

Mar 28, 2016
I have this same problem, but i can't even get into the safe mode, the chinese one. it just boots up at the thl logo but still only dark grey screen. please help since i tried everything else