[Q] Boot Animation sounds

Search This thread

SnakeFist2005

Mar 30, 2013
Can the nexus 7 2013 4.4.3 kitkat use boot animation sounds? If so where to place them and what to add in the desc.txt file. If not does cyanogenmod allow boot animation sounds?
I have used search but it found nothing. Maybe i didn't use the right key words. I searched for bootanimation sounds nexus 7 2013.

mdamaged

Oct 16, 2013
South of Heaven
Moto G5 Plus
Google Pixel 4a
Can the nexus 7 2013 4.4.3 kitkat use boot animation sounds? If so where to place them and what to add in the desc.txt file. If not does cyanogenmod allow boot animation sounds?
I have used search but it found nothing. Maybe i didn't use the right key words. I searched for bootanimation sounds nexus 7 2013.

I don't think it does, at least not the stock ROM nor any other ROMs I know of (there may be some hardware limitation to as why), but, if they did, they might be stored where a custom bootanimation.zip would be, in /data/local and they might be in the same zip as the bootanimation, some devices use a sound file in /system/sounds, yes, I know, academic.

Yes, you will find posts that say to install/replace bootanimation.zip into /system/media, and while it works, it is not as elegant as using /data/local.

SnakeFist2005

Mar 30, 2013
I don't think it does, at least not the stock ROM nor any other ROMs I know of (there may be some hardware limitation to as why), but, if they did, they might be stored where a custom bootanimation.zip would be, in /data/local and they might be in the same zip as the bootanimation, some devices use a sound file in /system/sounds, yes, I know, academic.

Yes, you will find posts that say to install/replace bootanimation.zip into /system/media, and while it works, it is not as elegant as using /data/local.

Man that sucks why would it be a hardware limitation for that would be weird. So phones like htc adds something in there hardware to allow bootanimation sounds? To me it sounds more like a software problem then a hardware problem. LIke the nexus 7 2013 dont include the stage fright file or something.

mdamaged

Oct 16, 2013
South of Heaven
Moto G5 Plus
Google Pixel 4a
Man that sucks why would it be a hardware limitation for that would be weird. So phones like htc adds something in there hardware to allow bootanimation sounds? To me it sounds more like a software problem then a hardware problem. LIke the nexus 7 2013 dont include the stage fright file or something.

That is just conjecture on my part, I really do not know. Just that I tried many ROMs and not a one had a boot sound. Doing a search as you did, also revealed nothing about nexus 7 2013 sound support. It might not be hardware persae, but rather a limitation on the bootup processes ability to access hardware during boot, again, more conjecture. If you find out otherwise, I'd be grateful if you let me in on it.

SnakeFist2005

Mar 30, 2013
That is just conjecture on my part, I really do not know. Just that I tried many ROMs and not a one had a boot sound. Doing a search as you did, also revealed nothing about nexus 7 2013 sound support. It might not be hardware persae, but rather a limitation on the bootup processes ability to access hardware during boot, again, more conjecture. If you find out otherwise, I'd be grateful if you let me in on it.

I'm going to crack this if it takes me awhile to do and i will let you know. Cause i made a nice mortal kombat bootanimation and without the scorpion wins flawless victory fatality sound its boring lol.

mdamaged

Oct 16, 2013
South of Heaven
Moto G5 Plus
Google Pixel 4a
I'm going to crack this if it takes me awhile to do and i will let you know. Cause i made a nice mortal kombat bootanimation and without the scorpion wins flawless victory fatality sound its boring lol.

Thanks, good luck.

You could always say it out loud yourself while booting, people might think you're crazy, but hey, boot up sound!