Dead D800. OTA on top of rooted phone and failed attempt to solve bootloop problem.

Search This thread

magnus-deth

Jun 15, 2014
Hi all, i have a my sad story and a little of hope to get help from you.
Firstly i have bought LG G2 D800 at ebay, seller warn me that it is rooted, but due to android devices is new to me, i have no pay attention to it.
After couple days of using I received and notice to update software for my device from AT&T manufacturer and without hesitation it was accepted.
To my surprise but not for the rest advanced android users i got boot loop with LG logo and after heavy digging of internet i have found the way to fix it.
The instruction is this
My fail to this instruction was that i had downloaded sbl1.img, aboot.img, rpm.img, tz.img with 9Kb size with same crap code inside for each file and drop them to my D800 using ubuntu. When i pool out data cable the screen goes down and nothing else. Ubuntu is not recognize partitions anymore. Then after all it i realize what was happen.
Current situation is:
Due to i'me new to unix systems i'm not see any activity that ubuntu is detect my phone or anything that can tell that its not dead at all while i plugin data cable.
As for the windows when i plugin data cable its recognize in Device Manager my D800 as 'Unknown device' under USB section.
When i hold for awhile power button without cable and then release it and then hold volume up when plugin cable then windows recognize it as QHSUSB_BULK under Other Devices or under Ports (COM & LPT). No any disk mounting appears as when it was during boot loop problem.
Display, leds, speakers of the phone does not do anything, not even black screen, looks like it has power off.

This post is last hope to bring the phone alive. I assume if there is any chance to fix it to get back and place correct files to my device.
I also assume if there any android or else code to place to usb flash drive to use it with OTG cable. I sow a video where samsunge galaxy was used with some device (i assume it was usb flash drive with some code inside) and dead phone screen appears with android logo...

My phone is LG G2 32Gb black with installed KitKat 4.4.2

Please help me. I will be very gratefully for any help.
Thank a lot.

magnus-deth

Jun 15, 2014
I also assume if there any android or else code to place to usb flash drive to use it with OTG cable. I sow a video where samsunge galaxy was used with some device (i assume it was usb flash drive with some code inside) and dead phone screen appears with android logo...

It seems it was an usb jig, if so is it works only for samsung?
Does the story about usb flash drive with an Android OS installed on it+OTG is fantastic for dead phone in my case?