Any former Note 3 users?

Search This thread

donalgodon

Jan 10, 2010
Thinking of a move from the Note 3 to this device.

How does the camera and sound quality, screen really compare? I've seen some reviews, but I'd like to get real user input from anyone who has used both.

Greatly appreciate any feedback.

donalgodon

Jan 10, 2010
Sorta' dead around here. No custom recovery yet, no custom ROMs.

Sad that such fine hardware gets overlooked.

How does the camera and sound quality, screen really compare? I've seen some reviews, but I'd like to get real user input from anyone who has used both.

My wife has a note 3 which I have obviously seen but haven't played with it much. The sound quality on the LG seems as good, if not better than the note and perhaps a little louder.
The screen...... the note 3 has a beautiful screen but IMHO I prefare the more natural colours of the pro 2 and, of course the screen is slightly larger which, when streaming movies etc, looks considerably larger as it is slightly wider and loses the on screen buttons.
As for the camera, both seem excellent but I do not have the knowledge to assess this on a technical level.
Personally, I prefare the pro 2 over the note 3 :D ......perhaps I'm a little biased as I own one and not the other. ;)

Reactions: donalgodon

musicmadmac

Jun 3, 2013

I much prefer the G Pro 2 to the Note 3, I didn't have the Note 3 long because of the lag in the Touchwiz UI. The buttons being on the rear of the G Pro 2 are so much better. Notification lights front and rear, the 5.9" screen is fantastic. My only advice would be a 32gb model as the apps lag a little if run from a Micro SD card. The camera is superb and the sound quality great also! Hope this helps. :laugh:

I much prefer the G Pro 2 to the Note 3, I didn't have the Note 3 long because of the lag in the Touchwiz UI. The buttons being on the rear of the G Pro 2 are so much better. Notification lights front and rear, the 5.9" screen is fantastic. My only advice would be a 32gb model as the apps lag a little if run from a Micro SD card. The camera is superb and the sound quality great also! Hope this helps. :laugh:

You have apps to sd ability?

Trijunction

Feb 11, 2012
Darwin
I am now considering moving to g pro 2 from note 3. I know its foolishness for a flashaholic like me.but knock code won me over

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

donalgodon

Jan 10, 2010
I am now considering moving to g pro 2 from note 3. I know its foolishness for a flashaholic like me.but knock code won me over

I had the same thought, but in reality, I won't be happy unless there's development going on, and right now, we have no custom recovery, no custom ROMs, and no sources to build from. This is an incredibly amazing device and a great value for the money, but sadly, I doubt it would be a good option if one wishes to keep up with Android.

Reactions: liqn7
Can what?

Root? Recovery?

I don't understand your reply. Can you please clarify?

I think he's trying to say that the Root method by that one dude and GEOHOTZ(PS3, iPhone), will work for this phone. Which I'm pretty sure is incorrect because it will only DEFINITELY Root phones made before June 13th, 2013. Lol. Yeah that's ironic. It's on the XDA Portal page.

I do not recommend getting this device. It literally is something LG decided(from the looks of it), to just release just so they can say they have a phone bigger than others. I really advise against getting this phone. Get a G3 or just keep your Note 3. Besides, this phone is a complete downgrade from a Note 3. And I don't mean specs. What's the point of having all these specs if you can't utilize them as a flashaholic?!

donalgodon

Jan 10, 2010
I think he's trying to say that the Root method by that one dude and GEOHOTZ(PS3, iPhone), will work for this phone. Which I'm pretty sure is incorrect because it will only DEFINITELY Root phones made before June 13th, 2013. Lol. Yeah that's ironic. It's on the XDA Portal page.

I do not recommend getting this device. It literally is something LG decided(from the looks of it), to just release just so they can say they have a phone bigger than others. I really advise against getting this phone. Get a G3 or just keep your Note 3. Besides, this phone is a complete downgrade from a Note 3. And I don't mean specs. What's the point of having all these specs if you can't utilize them as a flashaholic?!

Exactly.

Thank you very much for your response.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

My wife has a note 3 which I have obviously seen but haven't played with it much. The sound quality on the LG seems as good, if not better than the note and perhaps a little louder.
    The screen...... the note 3 has a beautiful screen but IMHO I prefare the more natural colours of the pro 2 and, of course the screen is slightly larger which, when streaming movies etc, looks considerably larger as it is slightly wider and loses the on screen buttons.
    As for the camera, both seem excellent but I do not have the knowledge to assess this on a technical level.
    Personally, I prefare the pro 2 over the note 3 :D ......perhaps I'm a little biased as I own one and not the other. ;)

You have apps to sd ability?

Yes I can move the apps to SD card under Settings>General>Apps

I had the same thought, but in reality, I won't be happy unless there's development going on, and right now, we have no custom recovery, no custom ROMs, and no sources to build from. This is an incredibly amazing device and a great value for the money, but sadly, I doubt it would be a good option if one wishes to keep up with Android.
    Can what?

Root? Recovery?

I don't understand your reply. Can you please clarify?