[Q] AT&T Galaxy S5 Active

Search This thread

grover1

Feb 29, 2012
Heya all quick question, will the root process for the AT&T S5 work for the S5 Active as well? I just picked it up yesterday, so hoping that it's a yes.

LuckyColdJohnson

Dec 27, 2012
Garland, TX
@Hashcode could do a SafeStrap for s5's and s5 Actives soon.
If we put up a bounty for it, he is more than capable of doing it.
He might even do it without that.
We can all just take care of him like Geohot is getting taken care of.

johns86

Feb 18, 2014
Geohot came out with a root for S5, it worked on my ATT S5 Active. From download to reboot and verify....40 seconds max.

LuckyColdJohnson

Dec 27, 2012
Garland, TX
Google play service do not work on my phone anymore. Trying to restore the phone back to factory settings now with Kies. This sucks. lost all my contacts and can't sign into google.

LuckyColdJohnson

Dec 27, 2012
Garland, TX
He must be used to iPhone nonsense

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using XDA Free mobile app

Nope....Just could not sign in to google to retrieve my contacts etc....I have all of them back now. I had to clear app data on all google apps/frameworks......iPhone. LOL Havent had one of those since the 3GS. You couldn't pay me to go back to apple.

I know how to work Android, believe me my phone is tricked out!!! Just had an issue with google after rooting. All good now.

johns86

Feb 18, 2014
Nope....Just could not sign in to google to retrieve my contacts etc....I have all of them back now. I had to clear app data on all google apps/frameworks......iPhone. LOL Havent had one of those since the 3GS. You couldn't pay me to go back to apple.

I know how to work Android, believe me my phone is tricked out!!! Just had an issue with google after rooting. All good now.

Clear app data resolved it, noted for the future should I have that problem.