[Q] Rooted - [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE]

Search This thread

jljaries42@gmail.com

May 11, 2014
I just rooted my AFTV a while ago and everything seemed fine.

Installed the Slideme app and it seemed to work ok.

Tried to install Aptoid. Seemed to install then could not be found on the device.
Attempts to uninstall or reinstall failed. Said already exists.

Now all I get is [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE]

I've uninstalled several apps including Slideme and get the same thing.

It always shows 2.35GB Available.

Would resetting fix/restore it?

I don't care if I loose root right now.

Thanks

deanemj

May 2, 2014
Ouch! That is unfortunate.

FWIW I have Aptoide installed and it runs great. Not sure what happened to your box. Did you do anything else?

sweetnezs

Jun 16, 2014
I just rooted my AFTV a while ago and everything seemed fine.

Installed the Slideme app and it seemed to work ok.

Tried to install Aptoid. Seemed to install then could not be found on the device.
Attempts to uninstall or reinstall failed. Said already exists.

Now all I get is [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE]

I've uninstalled several apps including Slideme and get the same thing.

It always shows 2.35GB Available.

Would resetting fix/restore it?

I don't care if I loose root right now.

Thanks

I have the same issue and i am at 2.74GB avalible

jljaries42@gmail.com

May 11, 2014
Update - [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE]

Decided to reset.

Trouble re-registering box - probably due to update blocking also block device reg. Had to remove block.

Did not loose root - re-installed everything (SU, busybox, xbmc and stickmount) and have 4.81GB avail.

Where do you check the data partition? - Thanks

eliassaba

Feb 14, 2011
Decided to reset.

Trouble re-registering box - probably due to update blocking also block device reg. Had to remove block.

Did not loose root - re-installed everything (SU, busybox, xbmc and stickmount) and have 4.81GB avail.

Where do you check the data partition? - Thanks

How did you remove the block? I'm in the same boat. I factory reset but now can't get past the registration screen. I can't use ADB to connect either.

jljaries42@gmail.com

May 11, 2014
Registration after reset

How did you remove the block? I'm in the same boat. I factory reset but now can't get past the registration screen. I can't use ADB to connect either.

First I removed the update blocks I had on my router.

Then I thought maybe it wouldn't register because it was already registered.

So I signed on at amazon.com and de-registered the FireTV. - then registration worked after a short wait.

Everything is good now.

Last edited:

KillerJoeBR

Dec 27, 2013
Good to know everything is working fine after restore with root.

But did you do the host file block and/or the disable com.amazon.dcp before the reset? This would be important information for others.

Thanks

Enviado de meu GT-N7100 usando Tapatalk

KillerJoeBR

Dec 27, 2013
Hi

I did disable com.amazon.dcp before I reset.

So you did not edit the host file, right? In another post someone can't register after reset but he edited the host file and also disable the amazon.dcp.

So probably the amazon.dcp is restored with the reset but not the host file. I wonder if only disabling the amazon.dcp is enough and probably safer.

Thanks again

eliassaba

Feb 14, 2011
So you did not edit the host file, right? In another post someone can't register after reset but he edited the host file and also disable the amazon.dcp.

So probably the amazon.dcp is restored with the reset but not the host file. I wonder if only disabling the amazon.dcp is enough and probably safer.

Thanks again

Then this is my problem too. Mine had both the host file updated and I disabled the amazon.dcp. mine is stuck on the registration screen. Now the question is, how can I get to the hosts file without ADB?

fireTVnews.com

Jun 6, 2014
www.fireTVnews.com
I did not edit my host file (glad) . Looked back at instructions.

http://www.firetvnews.com/how-to-block-ota-update-for-amazon-fire-tv-and-keep-root-access/

Warning
Be sure to restore your Hosts settings back to default BEFORE factory resetting your Fire TV

KillerJoe is probably right. Disabling the amazon.dcp might be enough and safer.

I've updated the post to include a warning. I've also reordered the methods so that disabling the package is first and labeled it as recommended.

I've also put up a new post detailing the two most common ways of bricking.

sweetnezs

Jun 16, 2014
Forgive the newbie question but I want to make sure I do a factory reset correctly. From my understanding if I changed the host file in Host editor I will need to change it back to default. But if I did it through ADB pm "disable com amazon dcp" I dont need to change anything back or do I?

KillerJoeBR

Dec 27, 2013
That's correct by the reports so far. But to be on the safe side, i would also enable amazon.dcp before a factory reset. At least for now.

Reactions: sweetnezs

kairnage

Aug 17, 2011
People need to remember that factory resets usually only wipe cache and data, they don't touch system apps. That's why most of the time you can do one, then just reinstall Superuser and still have root because the su binary the root package installed is untouched.

sweetnezs

Jun 16, 2014
In case anyone else is worried about resetting there FTV here is what I did and it works perfect.
1) I deleted the 3 host files I created to block the updates
2) I changed "pm disable com.amazon.dcp" and just changed the word disable to enable
3) I still had the update links blocked on my router and had no issues registering, nor did I have to delete my account in Amazon (like others have mentioned)
4) The only mistake i made was i uninstalled the amazon photo app and forget to add it back from my uninstall recycle bin before i reset. So now I have no way of getting it back but didnt care for it in the first place. Hope this helps someone else.
5) remember to turn usb debbing back on it turns off after the reset, which i forgot at first.
6) As others have mention i did not lose root after the reset.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That's correct by the reports so far. But to be on the safe side, i would also enable amazon.dcp before a factory reset. At least for now.