[Q] Z1 cannot register network after update

Search This thread

bjo12

Aug 29, 2008
hi.. I was on omni rom before i updated. I had a problem with omni rom, I had an error, process stopped working. i tried reinstalling omni rom, wiping everything but still problem persisted. I tired also slimkat rom but still same problem so I decided to flash stock rom. I flashed the .757 update and after flashing I cannot register a network. Z1 can search my network but when i try to register it takes forever. i tried also downgrading to the first rom out of the box which is .290 but I am having baseband unknown problem. i tried to flash other stock rom but still same problem. I also tried to flash iHackers 4.1, followed the steps but still i cannot register a network. Baseband and IMEI are both available. Is there any way to fix my z1 :confused:

I also tried fixing via SUS, still same problem, can look for network but cannot register. Basing on the box SI my rom is CUS HK which is the same stock ROM that I used but still had the problem. please help... :(:(:rolleyes:

MickieH

Mar 9, 2013
Nuneaton
hi.. I was on omni rom before i updated. I had a problem with omni rom, I had an error, process stopped working. i tried reinstalling omni rom, wiping everything but still problem persisted. I tired also slimkat rom but still same problem so I decided to flash stock rom. I flashed the .757 update and after flashing I cannot register a network. Z1 can search my network but when i try to register it takes forever. i tried also downgrading to the first rom out of the box which is .290 but I am having baseband unknown problem. i tried to flash other stock rom but still same problem. I also tried to flash iHackers 4.1, followed the steps but still i cannot register a network. Baseband and IMEI are both available. Is there any way to fix my z1 :confused:

I also tried fixing via SUS, still same problem, can look for network but cannot register. Basing on the box SI my rom is CUS HK which is the same stock ROM that I used but still had the problem. please help... :(:(:rolleyes:

Sounds like you've lost your IMEI number.

Dial *#06# and see if it shows up all zeros, I bet it does.

I'm looking to downgrade mine from Kitkat back to 4.3 and I've gathered that if you go further back, and you did, you could lose your IMEI.

I don't know how to fix this myself, but I'm still looking and learning.

Have a look at this thread and see if it helps --> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2628185

Second post down gives NUT's .ftf to use to downgrade without losing IMEI, but I don't know if it will restore yours. Might be worth a try. Have a read, and hope it points you in the right direction.

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Try flashing a completely stock .757 ftf including kernel, that should restore your IMEI, and flash everything.

Hope you sort it

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Not .757, but .534. You'll get your imei back and try going back to .757 from there. I can't tell you how to fix that from nothing as I downgraded to .534 and restored a backup of .757. Try some other .534 ftfs if yours doesn't work. There's one version of the ftf that messes up your imei.

Don't get too scared mate, it happened for me too! :)

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

MickieH

Mar 9, 2013
Nuneaton
I dont think flashing NU'T's .534 alone will restore IMEI, but I could be wrong, I'm no expert.

Flashing a firmware before .290 seems result in loss of IMEI, so looks like the best way to go is to go back to the ROM you were using originally that had IMEI showing.
@op - If you reinstall OMNI rom does your IMEI come back??

If the OP is wanting to get onto KitKat .757, and was on OMNI rom previously, I'd probably flash the stock .290, or .136 ftf completely.

That firmware should in theory work, and restore IMEI, then I'd look at updating to .757.

If I'm wrong, sorry, and someone please correct.

Many thanks.

bjo12

Aug 29, 2008
Thanks for the replies.

Actually I already did some research and flashed every ROM available even NUT's. I downgraded to .534 had bootloop. flashing .757 restores my IMEI and baseband but sadly doesn't fix the signal registration problem that I have. I have both IMEI and baseband. My IMEI is same as I have with the box so I really do not know why I cannot register a network. I have flashed back to .290 as it was FW when i unboxed it but it removes my baseband even if I choose to exclude baseband when flashing through flashtool. Anyway, I have again .757 and relocked bootloader because I sent it for warranty. Now my problem is can they know if I flashed custom ROM coz we all know it voids warranty.. hehe..

bjo12

Aug 29, 2008
When I reinstall OMNI I cannot get it to boot properly because I always have Process is not responding error and then reboots continuously

MickieH

Mar 9, 2013
Nuneaton
Ah, right.

What's the status of the TA partition? Was it backed up, and restored when you relocked the bootloader?

As far as I've read, restoring TA and relocking should be okay for warranty purposes. The only thing I've wondered about is you usually have to unlock via the Sony website, so they must know you requested the unlock key.

If the bootloader is locked with a restored TA partition, they cannot prove that you actually used it tho, so should be fine.

If you didn't backup, then restore the TA, then they may know.

As for the signal issue, had you tried another sim card to see if that worked?

bjo12

Aug 29, 2008
Ah, right.

What's the status of the TA partition? Was it backed up, and restored when you relocked the bootloader?

As far as I've read, restoring TA and relocking should be okay for warranty purposes. The only thing I've wondered about is you usually have to unlock via the Sony website, so they must know you requested the unlock key.

If the bootloader is locked with a restored TA partition, they cannot prove that you actually used it tho, so should be fine.

If you didn't backup, then restore the TA, then they may know.

As for the signal issue, had you tried another sim card to see if that worked?

TA partition was not backed up because of my excitement to flash custom ROM!! Hahaha so It's really my mistake for not doing so... :cyclops:

Anyway I tried sending it for warranty purpose and now after waiting for weeks already I was updated with the status. I was told that the main board was replaced and now my phone is being prep to be shipped and returned hopefully I will receive it tomorrow. Now my question is if the board was replaced does it mean that it will have a new set of DRM keys and others? If not will flashing again a Custom Rom bring the same problem? hehe.. Because I am thinking of flashing custom ROM again once I have it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I have my Z1 back, actually not my actual Z1 but a brand new replacement. =)
Time to back up everything now! =)

Last edited:

MickieH

Mar 9, 2013
Nuneaton
TA partition was not backed up because of my excitement to flash custom ROM!! Hahaha so It's really my mistake for not doing so... :cyclops:

Anyway I tried sending it for warranty purpose and now after waiting for weeks already I was updated with the status. I was told that the main board was replaced and now my phone is being prep to be shipped and returned hopefully I will receive it tomorrow. Now my question is if the board was replaced does it mean that it will have a new set of DRM keys and others? If not will flashing again a Custom Rom bring the same problem? hehe.. Because I am thinking of flashing custom ROM again once I have it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lol, yes, and the TA partition :)

Nice one getting a new handset :good:

Reactions: bjo12

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Lol, yes, and the TA partition :)

Nice one getting a new handset :good: