Yesterday I decided to put CyanogenMOD on. I had it on my 1st Gen. Note and I loved it! Problem is, the app they provide for installation does not yet support Note 3, so I went down the old road of doing it manualy. Never done it before though, so something was bound to happen.
Problem caused by impatience and ignorance
In short, i did the following -
1) Installed CF AutoRoot, which, of course, installed SuperSU
2) Installed MobileOdin
3) Put CM11 on my SD card
4) Booted into stock OS and attempted to install CM using MOdin
5) Failed to install - ODIN kept saying its not meant for my phone (i go the hlte image and the image was supposedly meant for hltexx etc.)
6) I followed to instructions to delete a line from the install script which would allow me to install the same image with no problems.
7) Last step obviously unzipping and rezipping file
8) Phone gives another big FU and says this is not the right image now
And this is where I firmly believe i messed up
8) Frustrated, i uploaded an unzipper folder
9) Picked the file 'boot.img' as targer file in Mobile Odin (Why? Why did I do that?)
Result - boot process is stuck at the Samsung SM-N9005 etc. logo with the top two lines saying:
KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING
Set Warranty Bit : kernel
After a good 15-20s pause the phone just shuts down.
What the verdict? This thing is salvageable or should I start weeping?