[Q] Galaxy s4 only working in download mode

Search This thread

Livgrace2013

Jun 16, 2014
oh lord, bear with me ya'll.
Okay, I have a Samsung Galaxy S4-I337.
It updated over the air to 4.4.2
I tried rooting it, and it didn't work. :(
Now it will only work in download mode anytime I try recovery I get "Firmware Upgrade Encountered An Issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again"
Okay, Ive tried Kies. IT DOESNT WORK. it wants to flash me back to 4.4.2 but when I got the update I was on 4.4.2
Ive tried Oden v3. 309 and Oden v1.85
using the one click zip to fix.
Nothing is working. I am really getting frustrated.
Is there a kind soul willing to help?
Also- all the updates Ive found are for NB1, My GS4 is NC1.
Please Help!!!!

highaltitude

Nov 4, 2010
NC
It doesn't matter so much what firmware you flash back to so long as it finishes successful. You can always upgrade again. I was on NC1 when I got my replacement phone from AT&T. I went down to MK1 to root then used updates and things to get back up. Now there is a root for NC1 so no need to downgrade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Livgrace2013

jmjoyas

Apr 5, 2013
We do not have the full Odin flashable firmware for NC1. You can flash the full NB1 firmware and then use NC1 update to get to NC1

Sent from my SGH-I337 running GPE using Tapatalk

Livgrace2013

Jun 16, 2014
Ive tried flashing to full nb1, it fails in odin everytime. Ive tried several different versions of odin and several different usb cords, on two different laptops. its driving me insane. :(

highaltitude

Nov 4, 2010
NC
You might need to use a .pit file and the firmware. Using pit files isn't always recommended but in my case my phone got screwed up and I could go to download mode and even flash firmware but nothing would happen. Then I got a working .pit file and firmware and flashed them at the same time. My phone booted up after. The pit file has to do with the internal partition on the phone. Not sure if that will fix you, but it did fix mine.

Livgrace2013

Jun 16, 2014
The nand write protection is enabled and I guess I need to know how to disable it?

also, I've noticed when I try to boot into recovery mode Samsung Galaxy S4 pops up briefly then screen goes black altogether. Sorry for being vague guys, Im new to this

Livgrace2013

Jun 16, 2014
PHONE:
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME:SGH-I337
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
SYSTEM STATUS: OFFICIAL
KNOX KERNEL LOCK: 0X0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID 0X0
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0X30
WRITE PROTECTION:ENABLE
eMC BURST MODE:ENABLE
START [224,1440]
SECURE CHECK FAIL: PIT
SW. REV. CHECK FAIL: FUSED:5, BINARY:1

ODIN:

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    69.6 KB · Views: 130

CHRIST STARZ

Jun 24, 2014
I have same model and same issue

PHONE:
ODIN MODE
KNOX WARRANTY VOID 0X0
START [224,1440]

ODIN:

Im just trying to obtain a way i can flash custom roms on my sgh-i337 (NC1) CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?

Kaze105

Dec 11, 2010
PHONE:
ODIN MODE
KNOX WARRANTY VOID 0X0
START [224,1440]

ODIN:

As said above, you are suppose to flash the NB1 file, you are attempting to flash the MDL file which will not work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It doesn't matter so much what firmware you flash back to so long as it finishes successful. You can always upgrade again. I was on NC1 when I got my replacement phone from AT&T. I went down to MK1 to root then used updates and things to get back up. Now there is a root for NC1 so no need to downgrade.

We do not have the full Odin flashable firmware for NC1. You can flash the full NB1 firmware and then use NC1 update to get to NC1

Sent from my SGH-I337 running GPE using Tapatalk
    Please post the error Odin shows. That might help people help you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    You might need to use a .pit file and the firmware. Using pit files isn't always recommended but in my case my phone got screwed up and I could go to download mode and even flash firmware but nothing would happen. Then I got a working .pit file and firmware and flashed them at the same time. My phone booted up after. The pit file has to do with the internal partition on the phone. Not sure if that will fix you, but it did fix mine.