Lock Screen widgets - UPDATE: 6-19-04 Galaxy S4 Semi Working!

Search This thread

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
So,

Little bit of a rant. But seems Samsung chose to remove the Lock Screen widgets feature. I just spoke to someone on live chat about this, they claim Android as of KITKAT 4.4.2, no longer has this feature. Bull sh!t.

Now, I saw the lock screen was ported to Galaxy S4 and in that port there also is no lock screen widgets.

I am requesting help of ALL OF US developers for the S5 and the like to come together and see if we can figure out how/where they disabled this. I also am thinking of just porting the Galaxy S4 lock screen to our phone. However, this would most likely break the finger print scanner.

What i would personally like, is modifing smali code to enable them again on the current lock screen. The main parts of the lockscreen are found in /system/priv-app/Keyguard.apk. I am personally working on this. There HAS to be a way to enable it.

To start, i'm simply comparing different aspects of the lock screen with the Galaxy S4 lock screen. Hopefully this will lead to the idiotic changes made by Samsung.

Please, if anybody has any input, please post!! This, to me, is the only let down of the S5. I really want this working. While I can make an app to "mimic" the lockscreen widgets, i really want native support. And im sure others do as well :)

Thanks guys for reading!

Last edited:

docfreed

Jun 6, 2009
It seems that they also disabled "settings shortcuts" also. On my Note 3 a screen press brings up the widgets screen where you can add shortcuts (I find Battery to be very useful) - I can't do this on my S5?

What the hell are these Samsung idiots thinking?

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
It seems that they also disabled "settings shortcuts" also. On my Note 3 a screen press brings up the widgets screen where you can add shortcuts (I find Battery to be very useful) - I can't do this on my S5?

What the hell are these Samsung idiots thinking?

You are correct. No Widgets on the lock screen. I'm trying very hard to get this back. Except for tonight, pretty little liars is on xD

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

gdmlaz

Jul 16, 2010
Miami
So,

Little bit of a rant. But seems Samsung chose to remove the Lock Screen widgets feature. I just spoke to someone on live chat about this, they claim Android as of KITKAT 4.4.2, no longer has this feature. Bull sh!t.

Now, I saw the lock screen was ported to Galaxy S4 and in that port there also is no lock screen widgets.

I am requesting help of ALL OF US developers for the S5 and the like to come together and see if we can figure out how/where they disabled this. I also am thinking of just porting the Galaxy S4 lock screen to our phone. However, this would most likely break the finger print scanner.

What i would personally like, is modifing smali code to enable them again on the current lock screen. The main parts of the lockscreen are found in /system/priv-app/Keyguard.apk. I am personally working on this. There HAS to be a way to enable it.

To start, i'm simply comparing different aspects of the lock screen with the Galaxy S4 lock screen. Hopefully this will lead to the idiotic changes made by Samsung.

Please, if anybody has any input, please post!! This, to me, is the only let down of the S5. I really want this working. While I can make an app to "mimic" the lockscreen widgets, i really want native support. And im sure others do as well :)

Thanks guys for reading!

Good to see you here finally seeing some guys from the tmo gs4 forum migrating here lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update: I have the galaxy s4 lockscreen somewhat working now! :d