Strange problem after STOCK ROM 4.4 ND8 Kitkat ROM

Search This thread

tegralens

Jun 17, 2014
Since I cant ask this question in the dev thread I have to ask here. I updated my phone to the [STOCK ROM][4.4] ND8 Kitkat ROM. Which is here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2741413 seems to be working fine except that I dont think I can write to my Internal Card. Here are the strange problems I'm getting. I cannot see any thumbnails for pictures on dropbox or onedrive. I also get thumbnail failed to load. When I try and open a file on Dropbox it says. Storage full or unavailable. I know I have enough storage. Which make me think its not letting it write to the internal mem card. I did add the external sd write fix from the Play store. But for some reason I think something went wrong with the internal card. Can anyone shed some light ?

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Flash either Cnexus' permissive version of the stock kernel, or use Ktoonsez and the problem should go away. It sounds like the feature of 4.4.2 that makes things more secure, but until apps are rewritten to handle the SD card differently, you'll have that problem with an enforcing kernel.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

Reactions: JoHnNYBlaZE716

tegralens

Jun 17, 2014
Flash either Cnexus' permissive version of the stock kernel, or use Ktoonsez and the problem should go away. It sounds like the feature of 4.4.2 that makes things more secure, but until apps are rewritten to handle the SD card differently, you'll have that problem with an enforcing kernel.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

Thanks for your help. Since you mentioned the Permissive I did a google seach and found SELinux Mode Changer in the play store which worked great. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I found this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2747586 and removed the app from the play store which looks like it does the same thing but its better. Thanks for your help

Thanks for your help. Since you mentioned the Permissive I did a google seach and found SELinux Mode Changer in the play store which worked great. Thanks for your help.