[ROM-DEV] HTC Sense Android 2.2.1 V8.5 Deodexed, WiFi:GPS:VVM Updated 11/20

Search This thread

reggiedarden

Jun 18, 2010
Reno, NV
Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere but wouldn't the same drivers from asopMod (froyo version) work for this rom or could they be used as some sort of guide to get them working here?

zanywood

Dec 18, 2010
decatur
I'm trying this out been running aosp 2.3.3 .this runs great so much better than stock. I'm actually thinking of keeping this for awhile.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

theimpaler747

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere but wouldn't the same drivers from asopMod (froyo version) work for this rom or could they be used as some sort of guide to get them working here?

Unfortunately, HTC's closed source roms require their drivers. AOSP drivers would be too different to work.

Are you sure?

Yes. Flash will not work on the hero's processor. No if ands or buts.

utnick

Nov 8, 2009
Texas
Here is a new SenseFroyo rom for everyone from TEAM FUSPRINT.

Please take the time to read the entire post so as not to waste our time answering stupid questions. Thanks Team FUSPRINT

Ok every one this has all patches includes and has been majorly tweaked to perform as close to perfect as possible at this point. No sense resets, not bogging down while on the internet (changes to buffering) more in line with our phones.
This rom is using a custom kernel from Decadence @ 691 so run this kernel first to see what you think, i truely runs great.
Also if you want tkirtons A2SD just donwload from his thread and follow his directions for install the kernel already supports it.

MMS will only recieve and send if wifi is disabled this is due to the hack required to make it work in the first place.

Directions
You Must do a full wipe!!! If you dont, dont even post about a problem
Install the rom
do your first boot and logins
If you want Sprint VVM working then copy a backup copy of a working VVM from - data/data/ com.coremobility.app.vnotes on the old rom to data/data/com.coremobility.app.vnotes.
Then reboot. now VVM will be fully funtional.

then set your MMS follow this be FdxRider
"Need help testing this workaround for mms fix. All credit for the Mmszap.apk goes to hyriand over at htcpedia.com forums for the app,and whomever created the mms-signed.zip (if anybody kows pm me I'll add they're name).

Download both files to your sdcard,from recovery(NANDROID FIRST) then flash the signed zip and reboot.

Go to >menu>settings>applications>Unknown sources and check the box for "installation of non-market apps"

Next from a file manager install the .apk or push it to system/app if you prefer.

Next Open Mmszap>uncheck the box next to "Automatically copy active APN settings

Next delete the http://mms.orange.co/uk from the MMSC box and add this: http://mms.sprintpcs.com leave the password and username blank then delete everything out of MMS Proxy and also the MMS Port Click the back button or hit Home and it will save the settings reboot then open Mmszap again to check if your settings stuck.
mms-sign.zip
MmsZap-2.0.apk

ROM T-FUS._SenseFroyo_Heroc_V8.5.zip

What it is:
HTC Sense running on Android 2.2.1

What works:
Calls
3G
SMS/MMS (160 char limit) (Sprint MMS sizes 500k, 2Meg, and 5 megs.)
Bluetooth (does pair and connect without issue just no audio as of yet)
Accelerometer
270/90 degree rotation
Keypad leds
Light sensor
Network location/Agps
USB tether
LiveWallpaper from the Market
All HTC Sense apps/widgets
All Google Apps
WiFi
GPS
Adhoc Wifi Networks
Notification Leds
Flash 10.1 lite
Desire style lock screen
Reboot added to OS
Newest Sprint VVM
Es File explorer
and more

What does not work:
Camera (Blaack screen)
Bluetooth Audio (does pair and connect without issue just no audio as of yet)
Mobile Network settings will fc (happens in every gsm sense rom ported to cdma)
Not all Live Wallpapers will work well

Credits:
Tenfar : zenulator : nfinitefx45 : beezy420 : Decad3nce : Capychimp/seo : erasmux

Flashing now.

highhacker

where the file ?

That was so long ago, everyone has to start somewhere, and Now look at where your at, great job
This is no joke . i have a box of these Heros with the lame 2.1 where nothing works like Voice search . Can some one link a froyo sense rom for these old phones . I am giving them to a local Church activated with page plus free and appreciate any help .And yea a working camera would be nice :)

Al

thoughtlesskyle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
This is no joke . i have a box of these Heros with the lame 2.1 where nothing works like Voice search . Can some one link a froyo sense rom for these old phones . I am giving them to a local Church activated with page plus free and appreciate any help .And yea a working camera would be nice :)

Al

The gingerbread Roms actually ended up being fully working, that being said you would need to activate them on 2.1 first before flashing anything else though

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a new SenseFroyo rom for everyone from TEAM FUSPRINT.

Please take the time to read the entire post so as not to waste our time answering stupid questions. Thanks Team FUSPRINT

Ok every one this has all patches includes and has been majorly tweaked to perform as close to perfect as possible at this point. No sense resets, not bogging down while on the internet (changes to buffering) more in line with our phones.
    This rom is using a custom kernel from Decadence @ 691 so run this kernel first to see what you think, i truely runs great.
    Also if you want tkirtons A2SD just donwload from his thread and follow his directions for install the kernel already supports it.

MMS will only recieve and send if wifi is disabled this is due to the hack required to make it work in the first place.

Directions
    You Must do a full wipe!!! If you dont, dont even post about a problem
    Install the rom
    do your first boot and logins
    If you want Sprint VVM working then copy a backup copy of a working VVM from - data/data/ com.coremobility.app.vnotes on the old rom to data/data/com.coremobility.app.vnotes.
    Then reboot. now VVM will be fully funtional.

then set your MMS follow this be FdxRider
    "Need help testing this workaround for mms fix. All credit for the Mmszap.apk goes to hyriand over at htcpedia.com forums for the app,and whomever created the mms-signed.zip (if anybody kows pm me I'll add they're name).

Download both files to your sdcard,from recovery(NANDROID FIRST) then flash the signed zip and reboot.

Go to >menu>settings>applications>Unknown sources and check the box for "installation of non-market apps"

Next from a file manager install the .apk or push it to system/app if you prefer.

Next Open Mmszap>uncheck the box next to "Automatically copy active APN settings

Next delete the http://mms.orange.co/uk from the MMSC box and add this: http://mms.sprintpcs.com leave the password and username blank then delete everything out of MMS Proxy and also the MMS Port Click the back button or hit Home and it will save the settings reboot then open Mmszap again to check if your settings stuck.
    mms-sign.zip
    MmsZap-2.0.apk

ROM T-FUS._SenseFroyo_Heroc_V8.5.zip

What it is:
    HTC Sense running on Android 2.2.1

What works:
    Calls
    3G
    SMS/MMS (160 char limit) (Sprint MMS sizes 500k, 2Meg, and 5 megs.)
    Bluetooth (does pair and connect without issue just no audio as of yet)
    Accelerometer
    270/90 degree rotation
    Keypad leds
    Light sensor
    Network location/Agps
    USB tether
    LiveWallpaper from the Market
    All HTC Sense apps/widgets
    All Google Apps
    WiFi
    GPS
    Adhoc Wifi Networks
    Notification Leds
    Flash 10.1 lite
    Desire style lock screen
    Reboot added to OS
    Newest Sprint VVM
    Es File explorer
    and more

What does not work:
    Camera (Blaack screen)
    Bluetooth Audio (does pair and connect without issue just no audio as of yet)
    Mobile Network settings will fc (happens in every gsm sense rom ported to cdma)
    Not all Live Wallpapers will work well

Credits:
    Tenfar : zenulator : nfinitefx45 : beezy420 : Decad3nce : Capychimp/seo : erasmux
    ok just an update of what has been going on with this, even though I just dont have a lot of time it still is a project i mess with when time allows and I am not working on the evo-shift rom.
    I ported the mt slide - same issues all all other 2.2 we have tried to port, but I have tried combinations of all files from the slide, legend, wildfire, and aria/gratia with basically the same issues all the way around.
    I do still work on this and If I ever make a break thru, you all will be the first to know.
    Thanks Erik.

Oh my god this is OLD!!!!
    LMAO
    Hope everyone had a great holiday

Sorry I havent been around but life and holidays have consumed most all my time, I will be backl around after the holidays are over and do plan on picking up on my projects.
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!
    Thanks for the effort guys, can't wait to try. Thought you left this for another froyo port, legend I think it was?

Can you say hybrid this will end up as a Aria/Legend hybrid when it is all done.