Laggy POS phone..

Search This thread

ddarvish

Dec 20, 2009
How is it that this phone which should be newer and better than the sgs3 is a slow laggy piece of ****..everything is just super slow on this phone.. anyone have suggestions on how to fix?

ddarvish

Dec 20, 2009
perfectly fine from the get-go for me...try removing bloatware.

I am running beanstown106's
★[Rom][G900TUVU1ANE6][4.4.2] Stock Root Odex/Deodex/Knox-CarrierIQ-Free[Firmware]★

i removed some of the bloatware but some of the stuff i also like to keep... stilll slow.. anyone know if switching form touchwiz launcher helps?

djricekcn

Sep 27, 2010
★[Rom][G900TUVU1ANE6][4.4.2] Stock Root Odex/Deodex/Knox-CarrierIQ-Free[Firmware]★

i removed some of the bloatware but some of the stuff i also like to keep... stilll slow.. anyone know if switching form touchwiz launcher helps?

i'm still on tw and unrooted, works perfectly fine for me unless if i'm hogging up resources

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
I haven't removed one piece of bloat and still on the stock rom (yesterday installed a custom kernel, but it was actually faster before that. i did it for battery life) and it's still running faster than ever. You might have a defective one.

em0ney14

Apr 1, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
No problems here, all bloat installed. Actually I have 752 apps installed.

I've used many different kernels and roms, stock and custom.

Only time there is any lag is when the apps are auto updating.

Try disabling any auto update, i.e. play store and Samsung apps.

Either set a schedule or do it manually.

Hope that helps, and I made the jump from s3 to the s5 as well.

T-Mobile Galaxy S5

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
I would honestly try going back to pure stock and see if you get the same results.
It could be the ROM you're using may have an issue, going back to pure stock can help rule that out.
Alternatively, getting a logcat and seeing if there's a ton of error messages may also do the trick.

Reactions: em0ney14

philliman

Nov 23, 2007
Philly

I'm on stock rom and rooted. No lag whatsoever. Your running a custom rom and complaining about lag?? There's your issue right there. Most people completely stock don't even have your lag complaints.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

SeaFractor

Jun 16, 2011
SeaTac
How is it that this phone which should be newer and better than the sgs3 is a slow laggy piece of ****..everything is just super slow on this phone.. anyone have suggestions on how to fix?

Walk that iPhone 5S into the nearest Apple store and ask them to reimage your phone to one without iOS 8 beta....

If you are looking at a replacement, the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 with the latest updates is a very solid performing and non-laggy device.

My S5 works great and is:

1. A stock device with no root or customized ROM.

2. Loaded down with a lot of applications and widgets, but I've tested them over the years on an S3 or Nexus so I have a good idea of what is CPU heavy or battery heavy.

3. On the latest firmware (at least until 5PM PST when the VoLTE update is pushed) G900TUVU1ANE6.

4. Turned off S Voice as I primarily use Google Now.

An extra app I do use that I recommend is "AppMgr Pro III". It helps me determine what applications can be moved to SD Card. Some can be moved, but may impact widgets and what not, so it does a good job of letting you know if that is an issue or not.

Now that you are off your laggy phone, tell us how you love your S5 :D

aimfire72

Nov 26, 2010
San Jose
There are some bad S5's out there, got one yesterday. Lag was terrible, almost impossible to type because of the delay, scored low on Antutu, etc. Phone had other issues too - screen had uneven discoloration to it and bottom touch key buttons were unevenly lit.

Exchanged for another one and it was like night and day. All same apps installed, same settings and this new one has almost zero lag, typing is fine. If your phone has severe lag and stuttering, might be worthwhile to get it exchanged... My first one was a major lemon all around.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would honestly try going back to pure stock and see if you get the same results.
    It could be the ROM you're using may have an issue, going back to pure stock can help rule that out.
    Alternatively, getting a logcat and seeing if there's a ton of error messages may also do the trick.