Stuck on Google Screen - Restore Didn't Work

Search This thread

xbi0s

Dec 3, 2008
Good Morning All -

A few days ago, I dualbooted my N7 with Ubuntu. The installation went fine and the tablet was working with no issues over the last several days. Last night, I was using the tablet and set it down. I went to pick it up (roughly 5 minutes later) and the touch screen was unresponsive. I was at the lock screen but couldn't get it to unlock. I pushed the wrong key-combo first and the device took a screen shot.

I was able to reboot into fastboot and attempted to go to recovery. The device would just hang at the Google logo. I pushed a factory firmware update from my Ubuntu system and attempted to reset -- no joy. This morning, I used Nexus Root Toolkit from my Windows 8 machine to see if I could get it up. Root Tool kit worked fine, pushed the images over again and restarted but it continues to hang at the Google logo.

Looking for any other advice folks may have on getting the device to boot.

EDIT: I can get to the bootloader fine and the computer recognizes it.

Thanks!

Last edited:

xbi0s

Dec 3, 2008
Alright... I just attempted using NRT and flashing 4.4.2 instead of 4.4.3 to see if it would run through. No joy, again. Remains on the Google screen.

antonio824

Apr 10, 2009
Andover, MN
Alright... I just attempted using NRT and flashing 4.4.2 instead of 4.4.3 to see if it would run through. No joy, again. Remains on the Google screen.

Im having the same problem with an unlocked unit. I would bet if you tried to do a factory reset in the android recovery menu it would give you a huge error all having to do with cache.

xbi0s

Dec 3, 2008
I've tried about any solution I could find... Bumping one last time before I torch the unit :\

antonio824

Apr 10, 2009
Andover, MN
Nothing can be done. Its something inside. If its the 2013 model, call and get it rma'd. Sorry man.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium HD app

xbi0s

Dec 3, 2008
Resurrecting this thread to keep a work log.

I made have made some progress but hitting another roadblock. I've been holed up at home due to an auto accident so I started tinkering with the N7 2013 again.

Using the Nexus Root Toolkit, I am able to launch "Boot Temporary - Custom Recovery" from the advanced options. The problem I now run into is TWRP's touchscreen will not work. I attempted to do volume up/down to see if I could select but it wouldn't. The software is not frozen as I can see the temperature changing.

Anyone have any thoughts or information on how to boot another custom recovery that uses button inputs? I appreciate any input.

Updates:
1. I was able to push TWRP via "fastboot flash recovery." It went to the Google Logo then loaded TeamWin screen. I started to see errors when the program launched. "Unable to mount..." multiple times then the device rebooted. Device stuck on the Google screen.
2. Shut the device down, booted back into Fastboot. Selected Recovery and it began loading again. This time, the app launched and worked. Touchscreen does not work but the CPU temp is fluctuating and minutes tick up.

Update 4:49PM Central:
1. I am able to install and boot into TWRP 2.8.0.1 through TWRP 2.7.1.1. Those versions load but of course touch screen does not work.
2. I have been unable to get CWM to load... It installs fine but I cannot boot into.
3. The factory recovery images also do not load.

Last edited: