FORUMS

[Android / HTC One (M8)] Dot View Mods

1,080 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,548

Post Reply Email Thread

Dot View Mods is a collection of modifications for the HTC One (M8)'s Dot View cover.

This module requires an unlock key for most features: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cmateunlockkey

Features include:
  • Control your music playback and see what's playing right from the Dot View cover.
  • Add gestures to the case and customise them.
  • See notifications at a glance, with support for all Android notifications. (enable the listener in Settings -> Security -> Notifications access)
    * See the full notification when it first comes in: your notifications scroll across the screen.
  • Quick dial contacts right from the cover, with support for up to 9 shortcuts spread across 3 pages.
  • Don't have a contact and still want to dial them quickly? Open up a full dialer right from the cover.

And if you're bored:
  • Play a quick game of Snake, retro-style!

Compatibility:
  • This module was coded with the stock DotMatrix application set to 480DPI, the developer cannot guarantee it'll work fine with other DPIs.
  • If you have other modifications installed, support cannot be guaranteed.

Usage:
Dialer:
Swipe up to call the number, swipe down to close the dialer. If no numbers are input, a swipe up redials the last person called.
Swipe from right to left to delete a number, tap and hold the numbers at the top to delete all.
A future update may add speed dial from the stock dialer.
Snake:
Tap the HTC logo on your cover to pause the game, tap it again to save progress and quit the game.
Shortcuts:
Swipe left and right to change between shortcut pages.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MohammadAG Ad-Free
19th June 2014, 03:26 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Great collection of m mods for the dot view. I bought the unlock key shortly after I installed it, great work.
Will you be posting future work here @MohammadAG?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Toyyo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Toyyo Ad-Free
19th June 2014, 03:37 PM |#3  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Jerusalem

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyyo

Great collection of m mods for the dot view. I bought the unlock key shortly after I installed it, great work.
Will you be posting future work here @MohammadAG?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yep, I realised email was bad for this kind of stuff since a lot of it is repeated.

I'm done with exams, so there should be more updates now. I've already added a torch feature.
The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MohammadAG Ad-Free
20th June 2014, 09:26 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG

Yep, I realised email was bad for this kind of stuff since a lot of it is repeated.

I'm done with exams, so there should be more updates now. I've already added a torch feature.

Awesome, looking forward to it!
I have a couple of suggestions:
- Is it possible to make it so that none of the apps are turned on by default for notifications? So that people have to add the ones they want rather than untick the rest that aren't really useful?
- Is it possible to disable gesture controls completely? so no menu or music control etc?

This module will be perfect for me if it is as close to stock as possible, with the addition of custom notifications of course

Anyway, keep up the awesome work
20th June 2014, 07:57 PM |#6  
Flag florida
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I'm having trouble with it actually wo4king for long periods it will stop displaying notifications after like the first notifications (so after a message it will no longer work) also the dialer will work when it wants too I've had like 3 instance now were the phone will stay stuck on the dot view look even if I open the flap... I've Uninstalled it and reinstalled same issue
Any suggestions???
20th June 2014, 11:46 PM |#7  
Flag Jerusalem

Donate to Me
More
New version is out:

Major features:
  • Custom gradient support, pick the top and bottom colors from the settings app. Non scrolling text now uses this gradient.
  • Torch feature, either using gestures or menu items

For everything else, see the change log on Xposed.

Reboot immediately after installation.
The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MohammadAG Ad-Free
20th June 2014, 11:48 PM |#8  
Flag Jerusalem

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asimoalex

I'm having trouble with it actually wo4king for long periods it will stop displaying notifications after like the first notifications (so after a message it will no longer work) also the dialer will work when it wants too I've had like 3 instance now were the phone will stay stuck on the dot view look even if I open the flap... I've Uninstalled it and reinstalled same issue
Any suggestions???

If it sticks on the screen, that's actually a crash, I'd need a logcat to debug that, but you need to use adb to get that.

The new version, however, has some bug fixes that will should reduce (or prevent) crashes. Try seeing if it still happens there.
21st June 2014, 02:24 AM |#9  

More
problem
Quote:

If it sticks on the screen, that's actually a crash, I'd need a logcat to debug that, but you need to use adb to get that.

The new version, however, has some bug fixes that will should reduce (or prevent) crashes. Try seeing if it still happens there.

i have a problem with the new version instead of the weather icon i get a big yellow square displayed
21st June 2014, 03:56 AM |#10  
Flag florida

More
Quote:

I belive I got a log cat never had to make one so yea... Do you want it via personal message or??
21st June 2014, 10:20 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
I just downloaded the module, tried and purchased the unlock key in less than a minute. Also I wrote a positive comment at Play Store. Great idea @MohammadAG! I hope to see more functions soon!

Best regards.
The Following User Says Thank You to ducted For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ducted Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)