[help] i have bricked my samsung galaxy s duos phone

Search This thread

cruelgrimz

Jun 10, 2014
How it bricked:
I slept after charging mobile and slept next morning it stuck on samsung logo, i coulnd't get to recovery i think new updates did that.
What i did:
I tried to install stock rom but some error like this comes in phone
ODIN: Partition erase fail. MMC Boot: MBR Erase failed.
I downloaded this file S7562XXBMG2_S7562ODDBMG1_S7562DDBMG1_HOME.tar.md5 which was available in google drive.
I think i downloaded the wrong version i am from nepal and there is a rom for that too but due to server time limit i couldn't download the file if any can reupload in google driver or somewhere i can resume the download :(
Any help appreciate, i have to unbrick this phone
Help :crying::crying:

andreiav

Jun 4, 2014
Brasov
How it bricked:
I slept after charging mobile and slept next morning it stuck on samsung logo, i coulnd't get to recovery i think new updates did that.
What i did:
I tried to install stock rom but some error like this comes in phone
ODIN: Partition erase fail. MMC Boot: MBR Erase failed.
I downloaded this file S7562XXBMG2_S7562ODDBMG1_S7562DDBMG1_HOME.tar.md5 which was available in google drive.
I think i downloaded the wrong version i am from nepal and there is a rom for that too but due to server time limit i couldn't download the file if any can reupload in google driver or somewhere i can resume the download :(
Any help appreciate, i have to unbrick this phone
Help :crying::crying:

First of all you should try and download stock firmware from Sammobile. www.sammobile.com/firmwares/2
Enter your Model, Country and Carrier and download the latest firmware. Let us know if you can't.
Second, when flashing using Odin, make sure Re-Partition is NOT checked.

Hope this works

cruelgrimz

Jun 10, 2014
Yeah I did that too and still it shows partition error what do I do

Sent from my Micromax A72 using XDA Free mobile app

andreiav

Jun 4, 2014
Brasov
Yeah I did that too and still it shows partition error what do I do

1. Make sure you use the original USB cable that came with your phone.

2. Try a different USB port.

3. Make sure Kies isn't running in the background.

4. Install the latest USB drivers.

5. Try the latest version of Odin (PDA button is replaced with AP button in the latest)

6. Make sure you run Odin as administrator.

If it still doesn't work please post the steps you are following.

And again, make sure you use firmware for your device, country and carrier from sammobile

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Free mobile app

cruelgrimz

Jun 10, 2014
Still partition error in phone but in odin it show passed but while in odin process phone shows odin partition error

Reactions: morsheds

cruelgrimz

Jun 10, 2014
Yeah I think its phone partitions problem so what should I do now cant I re write the partition

It sounds like something you did corrupted or changed the partition structure of your phone. Unfortunately, there might not be anything you can do, unless you can find something that will re-write it.

Still partition error in phone but in odin it show passed but while in odin process phone shows odin partition error

In case of corrupted partitions you need to flash repartitioning pit file.
Use it only if partitions are currupt.
Do not use it every time.

I once repaired my friends Galaxy y having error like your phone. But flashing repartitioning pit file solved it.

Search Google to find pit file.
Keywords :- pit file for <phone model>

Press Thanks if helped.

Sent from my GT-I9001 Gadget of Mass Destruction with CM11 using XDA Developers App.

Reactions: akarxo

cruelgrimz

Jun 10, 2014
Some one reply me with some resumable link for this stock rom I couldn't download it in 3days straight :( torrent will be also good

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It sounds like something you did corrupted or changed the partition structure of your phone. Unfortunately, there might not be anything you can do, unless you can find something that will re-write it.

In case of corrupted partitions you need to flash repartitioning pit file.
    Use it only if partitions are currupt.
    Do not use it every time.

I once repaired my friends Galaxy y having error like your phone. But flashing repartitioning pit file solved it.

Search Google to find pit file.
    Keywords :- pit file for <phone model>

Press Thanks if helped.

Sent from my GT-I9001 Gadget of Mass Destruction with CM11 using XDA Developers App.