FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Root cause for Gear 2 high battery consumption found, at least for non-Samsung phones

185 posts
Thanks Meter: 63
 
By mpogr, Senior Member on 21st May 2014, 06:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th June 2014, 10:12 AM |#41  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdoctor212@gmail.com

Thanks a great deal. Worked perfectly. Took a bit of dexterity to get it installed before the Gear Manager rebooted the deleted funcitonality but this watch is now functional. I took the first one back secondary to literally being able to watch the battery meter drain in less than 2 hours. Now I am a day and a half and still at 50 percent. I have over 2k contacts and that clearly was the issue. I thank you sincerely for the help, Any thoughts as to why the email may not be up to date. I am very fearful of reloading manager and having my drain problems again. The email seems to lag considerably behind my Note 3.
THanks again. Wonderful help

Are you saying your email synchronisation broke since installing my APK? That's strange, because the change I made is supposed to affect only contact synchronisation, nothing else. That said, I can't really test it, because I have a non-Samsung device, so emails don't work for me at all on the Gear.

Also, your experience confirms that the problem addressed by this fix exists for Samsung users as well. I'd like to suggest you to raise an official support request with Samsung. Maybe they'll eventually come up with a proper fix. This is something I can't do because I'm using the Gear with a non-Samsung device.
 
 
19th June 2014, 12:05 PM |#42  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
mpogr:

I checked my log file and I am always getting this fail message during contact sync -

06-19 19:02:08.610 721 781 E W-CONTACTS2-CONSUMER: ct-sap-svc-parser-contacts.c: __ct_sap_svc_get_default_number_str(998) > * Critical * contacts_record_get_str() Failed(-61)
06-19 19:02:08.615 721 781 E W-CONTACTS2-CONSUMER: ct-sap-svc-parser-contacts.c: __ct_sap_svc_get_default_number_str(998) > * Critical * contacts_record_get_str() Failed(-61)
06-19 19:02:08.620 721 781 E W-CONTACTS2-CONSUMER: ct-sap-svc-parser-contacts.c: __ct_sap_svc_get_default_number_str(998) > * Critical * contacts_record_get_str() Failed(-61)
06-19 19:02:08.625 721 781 E W-CONTACTS2-CONSUMER: ct-sap-svc-parser-contacts.c: __ct_sap_svc_get_default_number_str(998) > * Critical * contacts_record_get_str() Failed(-61)
06-19 19:02:08.630 721 781 E W-CONTACTS2-CONSUMER: ct-sap-svc-parser-contacts.c: __ct_sap_svc_get_default_number_str(998) > * Critical * contacts_record_get_str() Failed(-61)
06-19 19:02:08.630 721 781 E W-CONTACTS2-CONSUMER: ct-sap-svc-parser-contacts.c: __ct_sap_svc_get_default_number_str(998) > * Critical * contacts_record_get_str() Failed(-61)
06-19 19:02:08.635 721 781 E W-CONTACTS2-CONSUMER: ct-sap-svc-parser-contacts.c: __ct_sap_svc_get_default_number_str(998) > * Critical * contacts_record_get_str() Failed(-61)
06-19 19:02:08.635 721 781 E W-CONTACTS2-CONSUMER: ct-sap-svc-parser-contacts.c: __ct_sap_svc_get_default_number_str(998) > * Critical * contacts_record_get_str() Failed(-61)
06-19 19:02:08.645 721 781 E W-CONTACTS2-CONSUMER: ct-sap-svc-parser-contacts.c: __ct_sap_svc_get_default_number_str(998) > * Critical * contacts_record_get_str() Failed(-61)
06-19 19:02:08.645 721 781 E W-CONTACTS2-CONSUMER: ct-sap-svc-parser-contacts.c: __ct_sap_svc_get_default_number_str(998) > * Critical * contacts_record_get_str() Failed(-61)
06-19 19:02:08.650 721 781 E W-CONTACTS2-CONSUMER: ct-sap-svc-parser-contacts.c: __ct_sap_svc_get_default_number_str(998) > * Critical * contacts_record_get_str() Failed(-61)
06-19 19:02:08.655 721 781 E W-CONTACTS2-CONSUMER: ct-sap-svc-parser-contacts.c: __ct_sap_svc_get_default_number_str(998) > * Critical * contacts_record_get_str() Failed(-61)
19th June 2014, 12:17 PM |#43  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamur

mpogr:

I checked my log file and I am always getting this fail message during contact sync -

06-19 19:02:08.610 721 781 E W-CONTACTS2-CONSUMER: ct-sap-svc-parser-contacts.c: __ct_sap_svc_get_default_number_str(998) > * Critical * contacts_record_get_str() Failed(-61)
06-19 19:02:08.615 721 781 E W-CONTACTS2-CONSUMER: ct-sap-svc-parser-contacts.c: __ct_sap_svc_get_default_number_str(998) > * Critical * contacts_record_get_str() Failed(-61)
06-19 19:02:08.620 721 781 E W-CONTACTS2-CONSUMER: ct-sap-svc-parser-contacts.c: __ct_sap_svc_get_default_number_str(998) > * Critical * contacts_record_get_str() Failed(-61)
06-19 19:02:08.625 721 781 E W-CONTACTS2-CONSUMER: ct-sap-svc-parser-contacts.c: __ct_sap_svc_get_default_number_str(998) > * Critical * contacts_record_get_str() Failed(-61)
06-19 19:02:08.630 721 781 E W-CONTACTS2-CONSUMER: ct-sap-svc-parser-contacts.c: __ct_sap_svc_get_default_number_str(998) > * Critical * contacts_record_get_str() Failed(-61)
06-19 19:02:08.630 721 781 E W-CONTACTS2-CONSUMER: ct-sap-svc-parser-contacts.c: __ct_sap_svc_get_default_number_str(998) > * Critical * contacts_record_get_str() Failed(-61)
06-19 19:02:08.635 721 781 E W-CONTACTS2-CONSUMER: ct-sap-svc-parser-contacts.c: __ct_sap_svc_get_default_number_str(998) > * Critical * contacts_record_get_str() Failed(-61)
06-19 19:02:08.635 721 781 E W-CONTACTS2-CONSUMER: ct-sap-svc-parser-contacts.c: __ct_sap_svc_get_default_number_str(998) > * Critical * contacts_record_get_str() Failed(-61)
06-19 19:02:08.645 721 781 E W-CONTACTS2-CONSUMER: ct-sap-svc-parser-contacts.c: __ct_sap_svc_get_default_number_str(998) > * Critical * contacts_record_get_str() Failed(-61)
06-19 19:02:08.645 721 781 E W-CONTACTS2-CONSUMER: ct-sap-svc-parser-contacts.c: __ct_sap_svc_get_default_number_str(998) > * Critical * contacts_record_get_str() Failed(-61)
06-19 19:02:08.650 721 781 E W-CONTACTS2-CONSUMER: ct-sap-svc-parser-contacts.c: __ct_sap_svc_get_default_number_str(998) > * Critical * contacts_record_get_str() Failed(-61)
06-19 19:02:08.655 721 781 E W-CONTACTS2-CONSUMER: ct-sap-svc-parser-contacts.c: __ct_sap_svc_get_default_number_str(998) > * Critical * contacts_record_get_str() Failed(-61)

Yep, that's the problem I had. Chances are my fix will work for you.
19th June 2014, 04:27 PM |#44  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Well seems like since I am on Samsung phone I am not able to install the apk

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
20th June 2014, 01:45 AM |#45  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpogr

Yep, that's the problem I had. Chances are my fix will work for you.

mpogr: I have installed your apk and so far I am losing 35% after 11 hours. Not sure if that is the normal consumption for gear 2 but surely is an improvement before I applied your fix. Thanks a lot and I will continue tracking my battery.

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramdhani

Well seems like since I am on Samsung phone I am not able to install the apk

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I am using Note 2 (N7100) and here's what I did (note: I'm no techie so this may sound cumbersome):

1. I saved first the apk to a local folder
2. Next click on Settings > Application Manager > click on goproviders > click Unistall
3. Open local folder and click on the saved apk from mpogr
4. Follow through installation process
5. Reboot. Did not even wipe Delvik cache as I have no idea where it is!

HTH!
20th June 2014, 06:33 AM |#46  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamur

mpogr: I have installed your apk and so far I am losing 35% after 11 hours. Not sure if that is the normal consumption for gear 2 but surely is an improvement before I applied your fix. Thanks a lot and I will continue tracking my battery.

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------



I am using Note 2 (N7100) and here's what I did (note: I'm no techie so this may sound cumbersome):

1. I saved first the apk to a local folder
2. Next click on Settings > Application Manager > click on goproviders > click Unistall
3. Open local folder and click on the saved apk from mpogr
4. Follow through installation process
5. Reboot. Did not even wipe Delvik cache as I have no idea where it is!

HTH!

thanks but I am not been able to uninstall the goproviders app. there is no option to uninstalled Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1403242386315.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	2807827

please advice if you can

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
20th June 2014, 06:42 AM |#47  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramdhani

thanks but I am not been able to uninstall the goproviders app. there is no option to uninstalled Attachment 2807827

please advice if you can

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I use Super Manager for this sort of tasks. Look it up in Google Play store.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to mpogr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mpogr Ad-Free
20th June 2014, 05:09 PM |#48  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpogr

I use Super Manager for this sort of tasks. Look it up in Google Play store.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

so I have downloaded the super manager can you guide me how can I use it to delete the go providers

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
22nd June 2014, 05:41 AM |#49  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramdhani

so I have downloaded the super manager can you guide me how can I use it to delete the go providers

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

In Super Manager, go to File Manager and navigate to the directory where you put my APK. Tap on it. Super Manager will think it's installed (because, from the system perspective, it's identical to the original APK), so it'll present you with "uininstall" option. Do uninstall and then, immediately, "install". Since you're standing on my APK, it will install it. If you do it quickly enough, it should work.
22nd June 2014, 08:48 AM |#50  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Mpogr: I think your apk is preventing fitness for gear to sync with Note 2. I tried several times but the sync broke. I deleted it and let GM install its own and sync is workinf again.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
22nd June 2014, 08:49 AM |#51  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamur

Mpogr: I think your apk is preventing fitness for gear to sync with Note 2. I tried several times but the sync broke. I deleted it and let GM install its own and sync is workinf again.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

What kind of sync are you talking about? Can you elaborate what exactly broke?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes