Looking into VZW One Max rooting

Search This thread

misterk267

Jul 29, 2012
Erie, Pennsylvania
Hi all! I'm looking at getting on Verizon with their One Max. I understand that in order to get permanent root or unlocked bootloader you need s-off first with this variant. I also understand that the latest software for the VZW model is build 2.16.605.2 with hboot 2.49. What I'd like to know is, has anybody had any success getting s-off using the method with weaksauce and firewater with this firmware and hboot without already being rooted/unlocked? Or any other method? I'd appreciate your input. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

waco2hot33

Mar 13, 2010
Baltimore
If I understand you correctly you need those 2 methods to get rooted / unlocked if your on build 2.16 hoot 2.49 ..I mean theres other Ways if you didn't take the ota or if your phone came with a older build but for latest Verizon build that's the only way I know of ..

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: misterk267

misterk267

Jul 29, 2012
Erie, Pennsylvania
Okay, thanks. I was having trouble finding info about the 2.16 build and just wanted to make sure that method worked. My phone gets here soon and I want to root it right away.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If I understand you correctly you need those 2 methods to get rooted / unlocked if your on build 2.16 hoot 2.49 ..I mean theres other Ways if you didn't take the ota or if your phone came with a older build but for latest Verizon build that's the only way I know of ..

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk