I am currently working on a least authority file system for AppArmor based Linux systems (MinorFs). The file-system is an encrypting loopback user space filesystem (FUSE), and it would be interesting if next to OpenSuse and Ubuntu, I could look at targeting a custom Android ROM also.
I am totaly new to the whole custom ROM world, so my apploogies if some of these quesions are FAQs.
I'm not fully sure yet if the concept will work for Android, I'm hoping it will.
I have a few questions that I hope I could get answers to in this forum:
1) Is there any custom ROM that supports fuse and allows for custom built fuse file systems to be added to it?
2) Are there any custom ROMs that next to fuse, also come with AppArmor enabled or the possibility to enable AppArmor?
3) If the question to 1 and/or 2 is no, where should I start if I wanted to customize a custom ROM to support both AppArmor and Fuse?
4) If the answer to 1+2 is yes, what would be the best way to customize and test the ROM using my file-system? Can I use virtualisation software for testing? Or will I have to keep flashing an old phone to do the testing?
5) Ones I'm done with testing, if things work out well, this file-system might, together with AppArmor be a good basis for a security focused custom ROM, is anyone working on custom ROMs that is to have a particular focus on security?