Kitkat 4.4.4 factory image available

Search This thread

tehabe

Dec 10, 2010
Hamburg
Weird, I just went outside and my Nexus 5 with 4.4.4 didn't automatically switched from WiFi to the cell network.

I had that problem before but I hoped it was fixed with 4.2.x or so. Now it seems back. I hope it was just a glitch.

ipowyourface

Jan 25, 2011
Weird, I just went outside and my Nexus 5 with 4.4.4 didn't automatically switched from WiFi to the cell network.

I had that problem before but I hoped it was fixed with 4.2.x or so. Now it seems back. I hope it was just a glitch.

Didn't have that problem leaving work and home. Switched fine for me.

lohanchien

Dec 15, 2007
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Nexus 5

Not quite the same issue but related since it was caused by the new radio. I never had issues with WiFi not being able to auto-reconnect before. I had the problem with WiFi constantly disconnecting and reconnecting but never had issue with it NOT reconnecting. Now every other time it disconnects at random it doesn't auto-reconnect.

Also, neither Wifi Analyzer nor IP Widget show the WiFi channel I'm connected to since I updated to the new radio.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Not quite the same issue but related since it was caused by the new radio. I never had issues with WiFi not being able to auto-reconnect before. I had the problem with WiFi constantly disconnecting and reconnecting but never had issue with it NOT reconnecting. Now every other time it disconnects at random it doesn't auto-reconnect.

Also, neither Wifi Analyzer nor IP Widget show the WiFi channel I'm connected to since I updated to the new radio.

Try booting in safe mode and see if Wi-Fi works. It might be an app causing the problem

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

lohanchien

Dec 15, 2007
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Nexus 5
Wifi is actually working fine besides the random disconnects (as before) but now I sometimes have to connect manually, which works fine. It's hard to test in safe mode since It happens probably once or twice a day now instead of 5 to 10

Last edited:

rednit

Oct 3, 2011
Hello I have got random 3G/H+ dropouts annoyingly too much on my stock 4.4.2 and 4.4.3 Nexus 5 D821 (international version).
Only CM 11 m7 snapshot solved my issue. My connections are stable with its radio (KRT16M) Only WiFi signal is a little weak but stable though.

My main purpose of buying this beautiful Nexus 5 was having the vanilla android experience. But those network instability issues were really frustrating.

If they fixed it with the new radio, please let me know.
Thank you.
issue was fixed for me with this version (it has a new radio)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

criccio

May 23, 2010
I guess I'm still in the dark here. Back with the 4.4.3 update, there was a version of the update that was small that you could sideload on your bone stock Nexus 5 to update to 4.4.3. All that's available for 4.4.4 looks like the full ~450MB ROM.

How do us bone stock, un-touched Nexus 5 users update beyond waiting for the OTA?

This was all spelled out in the 4.4.3 thread, I'm curious why one doesn't exist for 4.4.4.

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
I guess I'm still in the dark here. Back with the 4.4.3 update, there was a version of the update that was small that you could sideload on your bone stock Nexus 5 to update to 4.4.3. All that's available for 4.4.4 looks like the full ~450MB ROM.

How do us bone stock, un-touched Nexus 5 users update beyond waiting for the OTA?

This was all spelled out in the 4.4.3 thread, I'm curious why one doesn't exist for 4.4.4.

Go the OTA help desk. From there you can download the 4.4.4 ota zip and then use the stock recovery to sideload it.

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!

dwasifar

Apr 16, 2013

I believe this is what you are looking for.

criccio

May 23, 2010
Got it. Sideload successful. Thanks guys.

Once 5.0 rolls around I'll be back... lol

NaterTots

Feb 7, 2012
CT
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 7T
I did the factory image on my wife's N5 and she hasn't had any WiFi issues.
It reconnects on her arrival home and hasn't disconnected on her.

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Curius7

Nov 16, 2011
Broken File!!

I downloaded the image thrice since morning and it was a bad download everytime :eek:

Anyway I can get a different link for the image ?:silly:

chevlar

Aug 18, 2010
So here's my question ... I updated by downloading the factory image, and flashing the radio, boot, and system img's in fastboot. Didn't flash recovery cause I'm on twrp, or userdata cause I wanted to keep my data. I didn't flash cache.img, but I don't have good reason why. Everything is working fine for me, but I'd really like to know what's in there (it's 13 mb when extracted, so there something for sure). Does anybody know?

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
So here's my question ... I updated by downloading the factory image, and flashing the radio, boot, and system img's in fastboot. Didn't flash recovery cause I'm on twrp, or userdata cause I wanted to keep my data. I didn't flash cache.img, but I don't have good reason why. Everything is working fine for me, but I'd really like to know what's in there (it's 13 mb when extracted, so there something for sure). Does anybody know?

You don't need the cache.img. You're phone will create cache as you use it. I don't know exactly what's in the cache.img but it must be a basic starting point.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's how I updated to 4.4.4. This applies to anyone using Windows. I was on stock 4.4.3 with Xposed, ElementalX kernel and rooted via SuperSU. This will not wipe your data and, if you use Xposed, all of your settings for your modules will be preserved.

Make sure you have done the following before you update using the factory image:

1. Uninstall Xposed Framework but don't uninstall your modules.
    2. Choose the Full Unroot option in the SuperSU app.
    3. It might also be a good idea to flash the stock kernel if you're using a custom kernel. You can find the stock kernels for 4.4, 4.4.1, 4.4.2 and 4.4.3 here. Use the one for 4.4.3 and flash it in recovery.

After doing these steps, reboot into the bootloader. On Windows, extract the factory image folder named "hammerhead-ktu84p" which contains:

bootloader-hammerhead-hhz11k.img
    flash-all.bat
    flash-all.sh
    flash-base.sh
    image-hammerhead-ktu84p.zip
    radio-hammerhead-m8974a-2.0.50.1.16.img

Open the file named "flash-all.bat" in a file editor in Windows, I prefer Notepad++. Look for the line,

Code:
    fastboot -w update image-hammerhead-ktu84p.zip

and remove the "-w" then save the file. This W flag is what wipes your data. That's what we don't want.

Now, provided you have your adb/fastboot environment set up, run:

Code:
    fastboot devices
    then
    Code:
    flash-all.bat

This will install the factory image without using the -W flag. Let it complete, your phone will reboot and you'll be on 4.4.4! Now just flash your recovery of choice (I use TWRP), install SuperSU, install Xposed Framework and you're done! :)
    "previous app showing when using back button" has been fixed in 4.4.4.

I am so smart that I didn't bother to install 4.4.3.

I'm gonna be smart again and wait at least one month to try 4.4.4.

Good luck guys.

...because installing an update on a nexus is so complicated..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Might be a good idea to remove userdata and recovery from .zip file if you have a custom recovery.

Skickat från min Nexus 5 via Tapatalk