cwm bootloop

Search This thread

pvaldeben

Feb 20, 2011
E. Rockaway
First time this happens. Was going to do a nandroid from rom manager and the phone got stuck in boot loop. Cwm would start and restart the phone over and over again. I had to do odin back to 4.3 root66.

I was installing a 4.4 tw rom with Agni kernel 4.2.1 and after setting up rom manager if I tried going into recovery it will start boot looping.

has this happened to anyone and fixed it.

Thanks, cheers.

Last edited:

Blueracer90

Feb 26, 2013
Tampa, FL
First time this happens. Was going to do a nandroid from rom manager and the phone got stuck in boot loop. Cwm would start and restart the phone over and over again. I had to do odin back to 4.3 root66.

I was installing a 4.4 tw rom with Agni kernel 4.2.1 and after setting up rom manager if I tried going into recovery it will start boot looping.

Thanks, cheers.

Make sure that you updated to the latest CWM. Android 4.4 support has been added in the latest version and is not able to be flashed on older versions of CWM

pvaldeben

Feb 20, 2011
E. Rockaway
Make sure that you updated to the linstalltest CWM. Android 4.4 support has been added in the latest version and is not able to be flashed on older versions of CWM

Since I did a odin restore, I must have had installed the latest CWM from rom manager. Its after I install 4.4 t rom nd agni kernel that it happans. Very weird thinking of staying on4.3 till I figure this out.
Else I need to next to my PC is it happens again. I was wondering if there was a way to stop booting into CWM since bootinging into the rom has no issues.

Blueracer90

Feb 26, 2013
Tampa, FL
Since I did a odin restore, I must have had installed the latest CWM from rom manager. Its after I install 4.4 t rom nd agni kernel that it happans. Very weird thinking of staying on4.3 till I figure this out.
Else I need to next to my PC is it happens again. I was wondering if there was a way to stop booting into CWM since bootinging into the rom has no issues.

Did you make sure that the kernel is compatible with the ROM? Which 4.4 rom are you using and do you have a link to where I can find the kernel.

pvaldeben

Feb 20, 2011
E. Rockaway
Did you make sure that the kernel is compatible with the ROM? Which 4.4 rom are you using and do you have a link to where I can find the kernel.

This is Rom I used: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2754065
Installed Beta 2 with out optimization option in Auroma.

Kernel I used:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2602053
PSN_AGNi_pureSTOCK-v4.2.1_R3_N7105_4.4.2_AROMA-signed.zip

Now that I'm home I'm going to try once more with stock Kernel only.

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle

If rom manager thought you were running a SGH-I317 it may have installed the wrong model's cwm. Get the proper file and flash manually.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

BRANDENDEUCE

Jul 8, 2008
Reno
Android Wear
T-Mobile LG G4

Thanks, cheers.

Download philz custom recovery and after you install AGNi go to philz settings and reroot I had the same problem. Also don't use the newest AGNi use the one before

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pvaldeben

Feb 20, 2011
E. Rockaway
Download philz custom recovery and after you install AGNi go to philz settings and reroot I had the same problem. Also don't use the newest AGNi use the one before

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Glad to sat it not happening anymore. No CWB Boot loop anymore.

I cannot say how it happened but I think I was flashing to many stuff on first flash and that was causing it.

I followed the directions and let rom settle for 10 minutes before flashing SU, Kernel and key board fix.