Anybody know how to disable "Insert Sim card" & enable manual APN settings?

Search This thread

JoJo2211

Sep 11, 2011
Anybody know how to disable "Insert Sim card" & enable manual APN settings?

I put my AT&T sim card in and it works great! However I have noticed that I don't get cellular data and there is a persistent "Insert Sim card" message. Does anyone know of a way to permanentlydisable this particular message and manually enter the APN settings?

Thanks!

Last edited:

jcollier

Jan 11, 2008
Houston, TX
Settings -> More Networks -> Mobile Networks ->Access Point Names to edit the APN. Not sure how to get rid of the message on this phone or if it is possible currently.

Reactions: JoJo2211

BeefJerky9

Sep 29, 2008
I put my AT&T sim card in and it works great! However I have noticed that I don't get cellular data and there is a persistent "Insert Sim card" message. Does anyone know of a way to permanentlydisable this particular message and manually enter the APN settings?

Thanks!
Once you root the phone you can disable the message; you will need to either delete or freeze the Setup Wizard apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks!
    Once you root the phone you can disable the message; you will need to either delete or freeze the Setup Wizard apps.
    Settings -> More Networks -> Mobile Networks ->Access Point Names to edit the APN. Not sure how to get rid of the message on this phone or if it is possible currently.