Cricket working on sprint lg g2 h+

Search This thread

LGMONO

Jun 6, 2014
New York
honestly, i am not sure how you did this.. you sure you have a ls980? from what i have read, you can not put a us gsm carrier on a sprint phone..only international

lol yes i swear to god i have the sprint ls980 i would HIGHLY recommend installing updating the lastest firmware zvc then download the t mobile port under the sprint dev section copy from pc to device on the sdcard go into recovery trwp wipe your system,data, davik, cache then install the tmobile rom flash the whitelines fix reboot and under setting find the mobile settings and set the access point names it will work i promise what part of the west you live in phoenix?

3rdcoasttx

Feb 27, 2012
lol yes i swear to god i have the sprint ls980 i would HIGHLY recommend installing updating the lastest firmware zvc then download the t mobile port under the sprint dev section copy from pc to device on the sdcard go into recovery trwp wipe your system,data, davik, cache then install the tmobile rom flash the whitelines fix reboot and under setting find the mobile settings and set the access point names it will work i promise what part of the west you live in phoenix?

and youre on gsm cricket sim card? lol i am sorry but i am just uggh cant get it working you know..lol, i am actually in central texas

edit:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2775888

that the rom youre talking about?

LGMONO

Jun 6, 2014
New York
ok i am in the process of downloading.. the disadvantages of living in middle of nowhere in texas is my internet is capped at ~350 KB.. it takes forever to download these roms!

yeah same here im installing 2faced rom based off d801 with gsm unlock once gone ill take pics and show you that i am on the ls980 if you seriously need help i will guide u until your done by the time ur done youll believe me lol

3rdcoasttx

Feb 27, 2012
yeah same here im installing 2faced rom based off d801 with gsm unlock once gone ill take pics and show you that i am on the ls980 if you seriously need help i will guide u until your done by the time ur done youll believe me lol

lol dont worry i am starting to believe you.. since it is going take hours to download that tmobile port rom, i installed cloudg3 and have got text and phone but no data..

what i ended up doing was editing the build prop for the carrier to other and reboot..and it let it pick up the cricket gsm.. now i am working on your method for trying to get data up and running.. i am trying to keep as much stock rom as i can..

LGMONO

Jun 6, 2014
New York
lol dont worry i am starting to believe you.. since it is going take hours to download that tmobile port rom, i installed cloudg3 and have got text and phone but no data..

what i ended up doing was editing the build prop for the carrier to other and reboot..and it let it pick up the cricket gsm.. now i am working on your method for trying to get data up and running.. i am trying to keep as much stock rom as i can..

goto into system settings >tethering & networks >mobile networks > access point name and
Name:cricket
APN:internet
proxy:not set
port:not set
MMSC 2 methods either
http://mmsc.cingular.com
or
http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

MMS Proxy:
wireless.cingular.com
or
wap.mycricket.com

MMS Port:80
or
MCC:310 <--might be different since ur in texas
MNC:150

auth type not set
APN Protocol: ipv4
and ur data and mms should work

Last edited:

3rdcoasttx

Feb 27, 2012
goto into system settings >tethering & networks >mobile networks > access point name and
Name:cricket
APN:internet
proxy:not set
port:not set
MMSC 2 methods either
http://mmsc.cingular.com
or
http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

MMS Proxy:
wireless.cingular.com
or
wap.mycricket.com

MMS Port:80
or
MCC:310 <--might be different since ur in texas
MNC:150

auth type not set
APN Protocol: ipv4
and ur data and mms should work

yep, that got it working.. now i just need to go into town just to test the speeds.. theres no cricket 4g in my area as of yet.. i have got it working on cloudy3g rom, which is a fantastic rom if you havent tried it out yet..

only thing i really want to check on is in about network status, it shows network as 'edge' .. not sure if thats cricket name for the network, and just shows a gsm icon for internet.. so i am not sure if i am running 3g or 1x honestly.. thanks for all your help though, might have to write up a tutorial for all cricket users coming from a cdma/gsm phone

LGMONO

Jun 6, 2014
New York
yep, that got it working.. now i just need to go into town just to test the speeds.. theres no cricket 4g in my area as of yet.. i have got it working on cloudy3g rom, which is a fantastic rom if you havent tried it out yet..

only thing i really want to check on is in about network status, it shows network as 'edge' .. not sure if thats cricket name for the network, and just shows a gsm icon for internet.. so i am not sure if i am running 3g or 1x honestly.. thanks for all your help though, might have to write up a tutorial for all cricket users coming from a cdma/gsm phone

You r for sure hitting 3g in 3g areas, h+ is damn near close to 4g, when i installed cm11 it was showing h or h+ then i installed t mobile port because well i just like the stock look, however i give them devs tons of credit for there extremely hard work and so i would always promote there roms cm11 AOSP ect ect... My personal preference is stock.

Im very happy i could help you u, trust me i went on a 7 days straight hunt after i bought my ls980, my wife was not very happy we dished out 60 bucks and the phone didnt even have talk. glad i could share my hard work with you and got you up and running.

Have you tested MMS and sending pictures threw the stock messenger?

also i am very surprised there isnt much guidance here for cricket wireless is a huge carrier here in the west and from i heard att just bought them out

3rdcoasttx

Feb 27, 2012
You r for sure hitting 3g in 3g areas, h+ is damn near close to 4g, when i installed cm11 it was showing h or h+ then i installed t mobile port because well i just like the stock look, however i give them devs tons of credit for there extremely hard work and so i would always promote there roms cm11 AOSP ect ect... My personal preference is stock.

Im very happy i could help you u, trust me i went on a 7 days straight hunt after i bought my ls980, my wife was not very happy we dished out 60 bucks and the phone didnt even have talk. glad i could share my hard work with you and got you up and running.

Have you tested MMS and sending pictures threw the stock messenger?

also i am very surprised there isnt much guidance here for cricket wireless is a huge carrier here in the west and from i heard att just bought them out

cricketusers.com is huge, but with so many phones out these days, its hard to have a tutorial for every phone.
mms is not working at the moment, but ill probably end up using a 3rd party app just for mms.. and cm11, PA, miui great great roms,.. before this lg g2 stock rom i was a strictly miui kind of guy.. but there are too many features on this stock to pass up..