I am a really n00b with rooting and cutom ROMs and I wanted to try this with my old Samsung Galaxy S (GT-I9000) phone. Of course it failed and I managed to brick my phone but after lot of searching and trying I managed to unbrick it After this process I ended up with version 2.2.1 and I would like to know how to get back to version 2.3.6.
This is what I have done so far.
1) I updated my I9000 to version 2.3.6 using Kies.
2) I rooted my phone with CWM but I think that I used too recent version of Odin and got to bootloop.
3) After many tries and scouring the web for information I managed to unbrick my phone.
4) Unbricking ended up my phone being of version 2.2.1.
5) After some tries I managed to connect my phone to Kies again as I wanted to get my phone back to version 2.3.6 but Kies said that my phone was already up to date.
Now I don't know how to proceed.
I wanted to get back to 2.3.6 preferably with stock ROM as I read that after that it is much less risky to proceed to version 4+ than if I tried to do it straight from version 2.2.1.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated.