Is there a simpler way to upgrade from 4.3 to 4.4?

Search This thread

incisivekeith

Jan 27, 2009
Now that we have root for 4.4, I'm planning to upgrade from 4.3 to 4.4, but I haven't come across any simple method to do it. Mazdamiata has a method to do it, but it requires downgrading to MJ5, which would be a huge inconvenience. My update fails at 27% even with all the original apps restored and unfrozen. I have Xposed installed and my device is rooted with Kingo. Any suggestions?

antawnm26

Apr 3, 2008
Atlanta
Factory reset then upgrade to kit kat then root with towelroot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Yze

Feb 2, 2006
doesn't Kingo give you the option to UnRoot?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

mrkhigh

Dec 6, 2012
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 3
I've wondered if we undid whatever frozen apps ect then used the kingo unroot if we would get the ability to upgrade.

Kingo renamed some files and installed a few

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app

Yze

Feb 2, 2006
I've wondered if we undid whatever frozen apps ect then used the kingo unroot if we would get the ability to upgrade.

Kingo renamed some files and installed a few

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app

thats exactly what im currently trying. i went into tibu, did a batch unfreeze, then used kingo to unroot. restarted and am now downloading the update. hopefully it will get me up to kitkat and let me root again with towelroot.

Yze

Feb 2, 2006
nope didn't work... it would download, then when it tries to install the update, it stops at about 24%, reboots and gives an error saying update interrupted.

I tried manually doing it also by putting the update file on SD card and applying in recovery mode... it starts, errors, and wiped my data....

the only way seems to be the harder way heh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts