4.4.4 is up on Google's Website - Just sayin :)

Search This thread

cammel

Jan 18, 2008
Buenos Aires
Can anyone please tell me what is the bootloader version on this newest stock android 4.4.4 on the nexus 7 2013 wifi only? Thanks!

Enviado desde mi XT1058 mediante Tapatalk

henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com
Regarding: still NO update for nexus 7 2013 LTE, I got this answer yesterday from "Google Nexus":

v61l.png

Reactions: lotherius

blipp

May 3, 2012
Milltown, NJ
Wow guys, calm down. Remember when they announced the N7 LTE? They had to stop selling it and then it took Verizon like 6 months to approve it before Google started selling it again. Verizon has to put the updates through their dumbass approval process too, which takes weeks. Hopefully Google did what Moto did and stopped the 4.4.3 update and just resubmitted a 4.4.2 directly to 4.4.4 update. Like others have said too, it's just a small security fix, it doesn't have any special features or anything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

lotherius

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
Wow guys, calm down. Remember when they announced the N7 LTE? They had to stop selling it and then it took Verizon like 6 months to approve it before Google started selling it again. Verizon has to put the updates through their dumbass approval process too, which takes weeks. Hopefully Google did what Moto did and stopped the 4.4.3 update and just resubmitted a 4.4.2 directly to 4.4.4 update. Like others have said too, it's just a small security fix, it doesn't have any special features or anything.

That would be fine.

If I were a Verizon customer.

I'm NOT a Verizon customer, and Verizon can bend over and take it up the PR chute for all I care.

Saying it's Verizon's fault is hardly a "Guys calm down" type of thing. There are reasons many of us are not Verizon customers and this kind of carp is one of those reasons.

Reactions: Peter Galbavy

blipp

May 3, 2012
Milltown, NJ
That would be fine.

I'm NOT a Verizon customer, and Verizon can bend over and take it up the PR chute for all I care.

Saying it's Verizon's fault is hardly a "Guys calm down" type of thing. There are reasons many of us are not Verizon customers and this kind of carp is one of those reasons.

Sorry? My point was to not fly off the handle. They updated the wifi N7, they're going to update the LTE one. Regardless of which carrier you have it under, I'd assume that Google would want to update all the LTE devices at the same time, which means they would have to wait for the updates that for some reason have to go through a carrier (aka Verizon).

I know the feeling though. I am a Verizon customer, and it's annoying as hell when all the other Moto X's get updates and Verizon acts like an update doesn't exist and blames everyone else. Is it Moto or Google's fault? Clearly not.

The update will come. It's not like it's the next letter update to android though, so I'm just saying to not get too crazy about it

Az-one786

Mar 30, 2013
Norhern City
So for deb owner, we only can get it through a Custom Rom only for now...
That's so sad ..... bcoz i'm also not a verizon customer too...

Peter Galbavy

Jul 26, 2010
One of the big plusses of having Nexus devices is carrier-crap independence. To hear, not even being from the US, that a local carrier can hold up a critical security release is insulting.

coolsilver

Dec 23, 2007
If there was a way to make a OTA patch from the Flo OTA for Deb... Should just learn to roll my own patches/roms. Getting tired of this crap from Verizon and others

Last edited:

rexant1

May 22, 2010
Anyone notice that the paste option is gone? It doesn't pop up anymore, just the blue arrow shows up and no option to paste.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Me right now. The third guy.

attachment.php

Seriously, Google. ... what's with the LTE hate?
    So here is the link to the 4.4.4 file. Interesting......

If you install this let us know what you find new...prob just a quick bug fix I would imagine.

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Update:

Nexus 5 Software Update - KTU84P

Enhancements/Fixes
    Security Fix

Important Notes
    - Software version is KTU84P
    - This update will be rolled out to device in batches.
    - Refer to the Nexus 5 Software Update article in Support for install instructions
    I hate that feeling when you JUST finish updating your Nexus 5 phone to Android 4.4.3 and literally two minutes later an update to 4.4.4 gets released! UGH! Still waiting for LTE for Nexus 7.
    Can anyone please tell me what is the bootloader version on this newest stock android 4.4.4 on the nexus 7 2013 wifi only? Thanks!

Enviado desde mi XT1058 mediante Tapatalk

Same as 4.4.3 and same as 4.4.2, 4.02.

That would be fine.