HTC Boot Loop Flip Out

Search This thread

capn_tack

Jun 22, 2014
Aight. I got me a Rooted, S-OFF HTC One rocking the most recent stock OS (can't remember which and my phone is jacked so I can't check) and twrp v2.6.3.0

Yesterday I reset my phone via the power button to clear the cache. I do this at least once a week because, well, it's a good idea right?

Wrong.

It went into a boot loop. It was weird. It would boot up and work for about 10 seconds, then reboot. Even if I caught it in time to fully shut off, it would do so. But if I went to HBoot or TWRP it wouldn't reboot. OK. Let's factory reset via TWRP, restore via Titanium, and all good.

That is until just now it flipped out after and is now in consta boot loop. Can't get into recovery, can't make it turn off, it just loads up and keeps telling me how Google Services have stopped working and then reboots again. I can get the power off function to come up but all it does is reboot again. Advice? Maybe I need to give you more info? I would have more for you but in the process of getting it off my phone to ask about the first occurrence yesterday is when it started flipping out just now.

Please, any advice at all would be fantastic.

capn_tack

Jun 22, 2014
Now I got it to stop boot looping, but my homescreen is nonexistent, can only go into stuff that is in the pull down task bar, no app tray, and the power off function still just reboots. And when it reboots, it doesn't even give me the splash pages. Just five seconds later it's back.

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Now I got it to stop boot looping, but my homescreen is nonexistent, can only go into stuff that is in the pull down task bar, no app tray, and the power off function still just reboots. And when it reboots, it doesn't even give me the splash pages. Just five seconds later it's back.

can you please reboot in bootloader mode and post the output of ''fastboot getvar all'' (except imei/serialno) and also post a pic of bootloader screen.

btw your twrp version is outdated, latest version is 2.7.1.1.however we recommend using 2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4

with your phone s-off, you should consider restoring it with a fresh install using a ruu.

do you have files to backup or you are ok with loosing all data currently on your phone?

capn_tack

Jun 22, 2014
All right, I am new to rooting and s-off and all of this. First phone I've done it to, so forgive me if I ask stupid question...

can you please reboot in bootloader mode and post the output of ''fastboot getvar all'' (except imei/serialno) and also post a pic of bootloader screen.

What does that mean? If by bootloader you mean when you press Vol Dwn and Pwr to get the screen that I've posted an image of...then I don't have anything there about getvar all.

How would RUU work?

And I've yet to figure out how to update TWRP, tho I haven't looked that one up yet. I am sure I could figure it out just fine. I've got this far, lol.

I fact reset my phone again, and it is working...for now. But I don't trust it to not freak out a third time. Am backing up all files to my PC as we speak.

Attachments

• IMAG0271.jpg
    IMAG0271.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 24

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
What does that mean? If by bootloader you mean when you press Vol Dwn and Pwr to get the screen that I've posted an image of...then I don't have anything there about getvar all.
You need adb and fastboot installed on your computer + htc drivers
then use fastboot to do this command when phone is in bootloader:
Code:
fastboot getvar all

ruu restore the entire phone to stock, including software and firmware. this wipe all your data. with s-on you can only flash ruu same of higher version currently on your phone (i.e 4.18.502.7) with bootloader locked or re-locked. with s-off you can flash ruu lower or higher version, with bootloader unlocked, locked or re-locked.

And I've yet to figure out how to update TWRP, tho I haven't looked that one up yet. I am sure I could figure it out just fine. I've got this far, lol.
you also need fastboot to update twrp, however if you choose to restore using a ruu, no need to update twrp, it will be wiped by the ruu anyway.

I fact reset my phone again, and it is working...for now. But I don't trust it to not freak out a third time. Am backing up all files to my PC as we speak.
you should also try this using fastboot in bootloader:
Code:
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot

well you said in your first post that your phone was S-OFF but from what I see from the picture you have posted (yes this is the bootloader btw) your phone is S-ON. fortunately, there is a 4.18.502.7 ruu, so you should not need s-off.

oh and you also said you were running the most recent stock rom, but 4.18.502.7 isnt the most recent. most recent version for your phone is 5.12.502.2

Aight. I got me a Rooted, S-OFF HTC One rocking the most recent stock OS

Last edited:
Reactions: capn_tack

capn_tack

Jun 22, 2014
Aight, I will get started on this when I get home from work. Thank you for the advice. I may be back with more questions.

Oh, why do you recommend those particular versions of TWRP over the newest?

-Tack

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need adb and fastboot installed on your computer + htc drivers
    then use fastboot to do this command when phone is in bootloader:
    Code:
    fastboot getvar all

ruu restore the entire phone to stock, including software and firmware. this wipe all your data. with s-on you can only flash ruu same of higher version currently on your phone (i.e 4.18.502.7) with bootloader locked or re-locked. with s-off you can flash ruu lower or higher version, with bootloader unlocked, locked or re-locked.

you also need fastboot to update twrp, however if you choose to restore using a ruu, no need to update twrp, it will be wiped by the ruu anyway.

you should also try this using fastboot in bootloader:
    Code:
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot reboot

well you said in your first post that your phone was S-OFF but from what I see from the picture you have posted (yes this is the bootloader btw) your phone is S-ON. fortunately, there is a 4.18.502.7 ruu, so you should not need s-off.

oh and you also said you were running the most recent stock rom, but 4.18.502.7 isnt the most recent. most recent version for your phone is 5.12.502.2

Aight. I got me a Rooted, S-OFF HTC One rocking the most recent stock OS