Microphone capture very low voice during calls

Search This thread

light_n_roses

Oct 25, 2009
Hi there!

I have and HTC One S [S4] with viper 2.2.0 and briked kernel ( version 170700 ) and I have open recovery twrp 2.6.3 ( also I'm still S-ON ), I have recently changed the battery of the phone with a 2100 mah battery ( from the One x+ ). I don't know if this started immediadly after that I changed the battery [/B ]anyway I have been reported that when I make calls people from the other side hear me with a very very low voice. Never had a problem like this. I don't think that I have made some hardware damege during battery changing as I have just removed the 2 mini covers up and down without removing any hardware component ( just the 2 mini covers and the big alluminium case ). I have even try to wipe all data, cache davilk and external memory and then I have flashed the ROM again but nothing. Any idea??

I could try to revert to stock but actually I don't even remember how to do that! It is sufficient to flash the RUU ?

light_n_roses

Oct 25, 2009
I would try updating my recovery to version 2.7.1.0 to se if I can fix this, I have installed the TWRP Manger from playstore but it ask me to choose the name of the device between Ville and Ville_U I have selected the first. Then when I tap flash it ask me if this is the correct adress to flash the recovery:

/dev/block/mmcblk0p22 && reboot ...is that correct?

light_n_roses

Oct 25, 2009
Where is the mic on the ONE S? If it's one of those small holes, see if it is blocked by lint etc...?
Yes, an RUU will get you back to stock.

I have successfully updated the recovery but the low volume captured by the microphone it's still there. I think that I'll try to flash the RUU to go back to stock.
At the moment I have this situation:

1) S-ON
2) SuperCid
3) TWRP 2.7.1.0 recovery
4) Hboot 2.15

Am I safe to flash the RUU directly?

Last edited:

dd98

May 19, 2013
I have successfully updated the recovery but the low volume captured by the microphone it's still there. I think that I'll try to flash the RUU to go back to stock.

1) S-ON
2) SuperCid
3) TWRP 2.7.1.0 recovery
4) Hboot 2.15

Yes

nicknc

Dec 10, 2009

1) S-ON
2) SuperCid
3) TWRP 2.7.1.0 recovery
4) Hboot 2.15

I would recommend going s-off first. You won't lose it during RUU, and it makes life much easier in troubleshooting.