[Q] Z Ultra GPE back to stock 4.4.2

75 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By ddslee, Member on 21st June 2014, 11:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd June 2014, 05:35 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I was checking the Sony DualShock wireless 3 controller.. for my xperia zu.. bt cost me around 5000.that price is quite heavy .so I want to know if any othey(any cheap brand controler) can work on my device..

22nd June 2014, 06:18 AM |#22  
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,641

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfurgerson

@blueether I am at 4.4.2 GPe right now with advanced stock kernel, DooMLoRD posted stock kernel in a flashable zip that we can get boot img from I assume. Now I need to know how to pull the system img and we should be able to get some progress. My idea of trying to go to custom ROM to get back to stock is probably not the best option for someone only needing to downgrade to get camera back.

you will need adb to dump the /system

I think the commands will be something like this:

Code:
adb shell
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system of=/storage/sdcard1/system442.img   <= check what the path to the external sd card is!
exit
adb pull /sdcard/1/system442.img
be carefull with dd it can very easily brick phones
22nd June 2014, 02:28 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

I would try this method http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2761698
with the 4.4.2 full OTA

Will it work?
Will the OTA zip need editing to remove the version check, and will that work?

@DooMLoRD?

That's what I did and it worked. I can't remember what file had the version check but I just opened it with winrar and made the change.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to texaspledge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift texaspledge Ad-Free
22nd June 2014, 07:36 PM |#24  
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,641

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspledge

That's what I did and it worked. I can't remember what file had the version check but I just opened it with winrar and made the change.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

the file that needs editing is the updater-script at META-INF\com\google\android
dont extract the file just edit it with notepad++
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blueether Ad-Free
22nd June 2014, 09:40 PM |#25  
OP Member

More
Quote:

the file that needs editing is the updater-script at META-INF\com\google\android

I am downloading the 4.4.2 OTA right now. I could you give me a more detailed instruction on how to edit the zip file and what needs to be changed into what?

Thanks!
22nd June 2014, 09:43 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 765

More
Quote:

@ddslee this looks like your best option. @blueether after downgrading with the 4.4.2 with version check removed would it be possible to take future updates? The reason I ask is @DooMLoRD mentioned not to try update if you flashed just the boot and system imgs from 4.4.2.
The Following User Says Thank You to adfurgerson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adfurgerson Ad-Free
22nd June 2014, 09:48 PM |#27  
OP Member

More
Quote:

@ddslee this looks like your best option. @blueether after downgrading with the 4.4.2 with version check removed would it be possible to take future updates? The reason I ask is @DooMLoRD mentioned not to try update if you flashed just the boot and system imgs from 4.4.2.

Could somebody please post an edited 4.4.2 OTA zip file and help out a desperate noob?
I don't know how and where to begin.
Thank you!!!
22nd June 2014, 10:05 PM |#28  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddslee

Could somebody please post an edited 4.4.2 OTA zip file and help out a desperate noob?
I don't know how and where to begin.
Thank you!!!

I am going to see if I can figure it out but I am very much a noon also.
22nd June 2014, 10:07 PM |#29  
OP Member

More
Quote:

I am going to see if I can figure it out but I am very much a noon also.

THANK YOU! You have been by far the most helpful person I've met online in my entire life!!!
22nd June 2014, 10:59 PM |#30  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddslee

THANK YOU! You have been by far the most helpful person I've met online in my entire life!!!

Well don't mistake my willingness to help for knowledge. I have been able to open updater script with notepad++ so far but that is about all I have accomplished. If somebody else wants to give it a shot it would be appreciated.
Edit... I couldn't figure it out I am sorry!
23rd June 2014, 12:27 AM |#31  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Could you explain in detail what needs to be done to disable the version check on the 4.4.2 OTA zip file?
Thank you so much!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)