Post Reply Email Thread
23rd June 2014, 06:17 AM |#41  
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,641

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfurgerson

I may have gotten it to work. Will test it tomorrow before posting link. I would rather mess my stuff up than make yours worse.

That's why I haven't done it, cant test it
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfurgerson

I think I was able to make a zip but ran into a brick wall trying to test. Wasn't able to upgrade to 4.4.3, so tried to side load my zip I created and that failed also. Will fool with it again tomorrow, unless someone that knows what they are doing is kind enough to help you out. I'm sure it pretty simple if you know what you are doing.

Did you extract the zip or just edit the file with something like 7zip/winrar and notepad++?

You have to get the zip options correct (store not compress, and maybe something else?) or it wont open in recovery[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

I'm uploading a 4.4.2 zip that only has /system in it. none of the other partitions or the patch for the bootloader/recovery as you are already on the newest ones of these. I think this is the safest way to flash back to 4.4.2, but I think it may break OTAs if they are patch based like the 4.4.3 one was.

23rd June 2014, 06:35 AM |#42  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

More
(!less_than_int(1386681473, getprop("ro.build.date.utc"))) || abort("Can't install this package (Tue Dec 10 14:17:53 CET 2013) over newer build (" + getprop("ro.build.date") + ").");
getprop("ro.product.device") == "C6806" || abort("This package is for \"C6806\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");
show_progress(0.500000, 0);

Is that the script that I have to edit?
Do I just delete that code in bold letters?
23rd June 2014, 06:42 AM |#43  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddslee

(!less_than_int(1386681473, getprop("ro.build.date.utc"))) || abort("Can't install this package (Tue Dec 10 14:17:53 CET 2013) over newer build (" + getprop("ro.build.date") + ").");
getprop("ro.product.device") == "C6806" || abort("This package is for \"C6806\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");
show_progress(0.500000, 0);

Is that the script that I have to edit?
Do I just delete that code in bold letters?

That is the line, but you will want to remove the recovery patch and probably the other partitions at the bottom, but I dont know about that last bit. I don't know enough about the inner workings of the xperias, much less the GPe version
23rd June 2014, 06:45 AM |#44  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

That is the line, but you will want to remove the recovery patch and probably the other partitions at the bottom, but I dont know about that last bit. I don't know enough about the inner workings of the xperias, much less the GPe version

What if I just want to go bone stock (except unlocked bootloader)? I don't mind losing custom recoveries and root.
Do I still have to remove recovery patch and the other partitions?
23rd June 2014, 07:06 AM |#45  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

What if I just want to go bone stock (except unlocked bootloader)? I don't mind losing custom recoveries and root.
Do I still have to remove recovery patch and the other partitions?

The other poster said that they only remove the version check so may be worth a try

If you want to keep recovery then remove this line

package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot");

if you don't care the that can stay. will replace the kernel and custom recoveries.
The Following User Says Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blueether Ad-Free
23rd June 2014, 07:17 AM |#46  
OP Member

More
Quote:

The other poster said that they only remove the version check so may be worth a try

If you want to keep recovery then remove this line

package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot");

if you don't care the that can stay. will replace the kernel and custom recoveries.

So, just delete the code below using NotePad++ and then recompress using 7-Zip and then sideload the edited 4.4.2 OTA Zip file as per DooMLoRD's instructions?

It should leave my device bone stock 4.4.2 with just the unlocked bootloader, correct? (stock recovery, unrooted)

What do you think the chance of my device being bricked beyond repair? Pretty slim?
23rd June 2014, 07:23 AM |#47  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So, just delete the code below using NotePad++ and then recompress using 7-Zip and then sideload the edited 4.4.2 OTA Zip file as per DooMLoRD's instructions?

It should leave my device bone stock 4.4.2 with just the unlocked bootloader, correct? (stock recovery, unrooted)

What do you think the chance of my device being bricked beyond repair? Pretty slim?

Yeah that line

You should beable to flash it from the custom recovery fine. The chances of a brick: low, but I'm not positive.
23rd June 2014, 07:26 AM |#48  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Yeah that line

You should beable to flash it from the custom recovery fine. The chances of a brick: low, but I'm not positive.

I was going to flash it from the stock recovery using adb sideload.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2761698

That should work, right? The only thing different is the version check where I got stopped with the message "Can't install this package (Tue Dec 10 14:17:53 CET 2013) over newer build".
23rd June 2014, 07:37 AM |#49  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I was going to flash it from the stock recovery using adb sideload.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2761698

That should work, right? The only thing different is the version check where I got stopped with the message "Can't install this package (Tue Dec 10 14:17:53 CET 2013) over newer build".

Should work, but custom recovery is quicker to get into

Sorry about the slow upload, but I think my internets are broken ~62% uploaded
23rd June 2014, 08:06 AM |#50  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Should work, but custom recovery is quicker to get into

Sorry about the slow upload, but I think my internets are broken ~62% uploaded

I just tried it and got the following error:

E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

It looks like it passed the version check but what else do I have to do?
23rd June 2014, 08:19 AM |#51  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I just tried it and got the following error:

E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

It looks like it passed the version check but what else do I have to do?

Was that from stock recovery?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)