Asylum Omni 4.4.3 - Internal SD card slow

Search This thread

Zzgfont

May 11, 2014
Vigevano
Hi.
I'm using Asylum Omni 4.4.3. Yesterday I tried to copu a big file (1,2 Gb) from external SD card (sdcard1) to internal SD card (sdcard0) but at 800Mb the copy stopped. I restarted the phone and tryied with small data and found that, if the data is more than 100Mb, it's easy that the copy stops and the phone have to be reboooted because it remains stuck.
If I try to use the internal SD for backup using TWRP, I'm able to save 1,5Gb of data without problems.

Instead the copy from sdcard0 to sdcard1 is working flawlessly.

I know that in KitKat there were many SD card issues.
But is it possible that 2 different sdcard on the same device have different behaviour ?

Azeazezar

Aug 5, 2011
ಠ_ಠ
Hi.
I'm using Asylum Omni 4.4.3. Yesterday I tried to copu a big file (1,2 Gb) from external SD card (sdcard1) to internal SD card (sdcard0) but at 800Mb the copy stopped. I restarted the phone and tryied with small data and found that, if the data is more than 100Mb, it's easy that the copy stops and the phone have to be reboooted because it remains stuck.
If I try to use the internal SD for backup using TWRP, I'm able to save 1,5Gb of data without problems.

Instead the copy from sdcard0 to sdcard1 is working flawlessly.

I know that in KitKat there were many SD card issues.
But is it possible that 2 different sdcard on the same device have different behaviour ?

This does not suprise me. Blame this bug.

Zzgfont

May 11, 2014
Vigevano
This does not suprise me. Blame this bug.

Thanks a lot for the hint.
I read the thread.
The weird thing is that I hadn't the problem with SlimBean 4.4.
Then I started to use SlimSaber, and release after release the device had some weird lock, that disappeard using an 4.4 kernel from Chasmodo.
So I tried Asylum Omni.
The external card seems ok even is VFAT and full of music. I listen music everyday with N7Player without issue.
The problem is during writing the internal sdcard, that is an ext4. And happens only with file bigger. Reading is not a problem too, as I simetimes watch films that are in the internal sd card without problems.
Today I tried to move a 2 Gb file with "adb shell" while in recovery and it worked. Slowly, but worked.

I have to try some old release of SlimBean to verify if the problem disappear. I got all my old nandroid somewhere in my notebook.

Azeazezar

Aug 5, 2011
ಠ_ಠ
Thanks a lot for the hint.
I read the thread.
The weird thing is that I hadn't the problem with SlimBean 4.4.
Then I started to use SlimSaber, and release after release the device had some weird lock, that disappeard using an 4.4 kernel from Chasmodo.
So I tried Asylum Omni.
The external card seems ok even is VFAT and full of music. I listen music everyday with N7Player without issue.
The problem is during writing the internal sdcard, that is an ext4. And happens only with file bigger. Reading is not a problem too, as I simetimes watch films that are in the internal sd card without problems.
Today I tried to move a 2 Gb file with "adb shell" while in recovery and it worked. Slowly, but worked.

I have to try some old release of SlimBean to verify if the problem disappear. I got all my old nandroid somewhere in my notebook.

After switching to exfat for both internal and external(Or sometimes ext4, if i swap out). I never had a problem, and good speeds. That is my recommendation.
I would not spent to much time looking for another way to make it work, because what seems to work for some does not work for others. But exfat seems to fix it for everyone.

Zzgfont

May 11, 2014
Vigevano
After switching to exfat for both internal and external(Or sometimes ext4, if i swap out). I never had a problem, and good speeds. That is my recommendation.
I would not spent to much time looking for another way to make it work, because what seems to work for some does not work for others. But exfat seems to fix it for everyone.

Just to notify that SlimKat 4.4 seems not to have such problem. I'ts not fast as SlimSaber or Asylum Omni, but file transfert seems ok.