Post Reply Email Thread
25th June 2014, 03:55 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddslee

Man, you are my hero!
I have done up to step 4.
About step 5, can you tell me exactly what you did?
What are the adb commands? How do you bypass the signature check?
Is your device GPE or Xperia ?
Thank you!!!

I booted into CWM and went to install from zip then from adb. There you can turn off signature verification.

Here's the command:
adb devices
adb sideload 4.4.2.zip
I have a GPE.
The Following User Says Thank You to prohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift prohan Ad-Free

25th June 2014, 04:00 AM |#102  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalmikey

Step 4 I deleted the version check (!less_than_int(1386681473, getprop("ro.build.date.utc"))) || abort("Can't install this package (Tue Dec 10 14:17:53 CET 2013) over newer build (" + getprop("ro.build.date") + ").");

and changed C6806 to togari
getprop("ro.product.device") == "C6806" || abort("This package is for \"C6806\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");

Then I simply flashed the modified OTA zip with CWM followed by Superuser. Reboot to bootloader and flash Advance Stock Kernel to regain custom recovery.

Now I am back to 4.4.2 with a working camera and the erratic external SD writes.

Thank you!
If I don't want root nor custom recovery, can I just flash the zip from CWM and reboot and be done with it?
Will it be back to 100% stock except the unlocked bootloader?

Btw, why does 4.4.3 break the camera? Is there a bug in the code from Sony/Google?
25th June 2014, 05:15 AM |#103  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thank you everyone!!!
I finally fixed my camera!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to ddslee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ddslee Ad-Free
25th June 2014, 05:44 AM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 756

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddslee

Thank you everyone!!!
I finally fixed my camera!!!

You know it would be great if you were to edit the title of thread to include "fixed" or "solved" and add a step by step to your first post if possible.
25th June 2014, 06:40 AM |#105  
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,641

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfurgerson

You know it would be great if you were to edit the title of thread to include "fixed" or "solved" and add a step by step to your first post if possible.

I'm sorry that the file I updoaded had the wrong updater script in it , but good to see you have got it to flash
26th June 2014, 03:16 AM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
This is what I did:

I had my ZU GPE with 4.4.3 rooted and had DooMLoRD's 4.4.3 Kernel http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2579005

Camera broken

Decided to go back to 4.4.2, but had no nandroid backups.

1. Downloaded this 4.4.2 dump http://d-h.st/M4f

2. Unzipped, found Boot.img, FOTAKernel.img and System.img

3. Rebooted my phone in fastboot mode:

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
4. Then tried to flash boot

Code:
Fastboot flash boot boot.img
Didn't work, I got this error: FAILED (remote: image is not a boot image)

5. Decided to use DooMLorD's 4.4.2 kernel http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2579005

Code:
 fastboot flash boot ZU_GPe-AdvStkKernel-KOT49H.S2.2052-v01.img
6. Flashed recovery

Code:
fastboot flash recovery FOTAKernel.img
7. Finally, flashed system

Code:
fastboot flash system system.img
8. Then took a deep breath and rebooted my device:

Code:
fastboot reboot
After all this, my phone was on 4.4.2 and my camera works like it is supposed to!!

I thought about wiping to factory settings, but I am lazy and left it alone, as my settings and apps all remained.

If I did something messed up, let me know. I am a long time lurker and figured I could tell people how I got my device's camera to work again, as I searched everywhere and I could not find a solution... Lots of reading and trying different things lead me to this.
26th June 2014, 06:23 AM |#107  
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,641

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketsuke

This is what I did:...

I think the problem with that method is any future OTA that uses patches may fail. They may fail with the way ddslee has done it as well. If they do fail you will have to update with the same method or wait for a full OTA package
26th June 2014, 07:59 AM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

I think the problem with that method is any future OTA that uses patches may fail. They may fail with the way ddslee has done it as well. If they do fail you will have to update with the same method or wait for a full OTA package

Makes sense. At that point (Sunday night) I was just desperate to get my camera back, so I was willing to try almost anything. At this point, I chalk it up as a victory.

It sort of pisses me off that an official update broke a big feature of the phone and so far we have heard nothing from either Google or Sony. It shouldn't be this way.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)